Expression Map - Helpful Additions

I’m new to Cubase and maybe I’m missing something, but how about adding the ability to change a controller by a (±)% on a particular channel instead of having to pick a hard value. In other words, I may want to change the characteristics of a note slightly by adding the articulation instead of picking hard numbers for everything. I know it can be done manually in the controller lanes but so can all the rest of expression mapping.

+1 for these demands.

1 Like

+1

1 Like

I like the requests in this thread. I would add if there is a way to manage articulations when the viewing starts to get full in the controller lane.

1 Like

Yes, an update would be very welcome!

1 Like

+1

+a gazillion squared. That one feature would speed up my template prep by a significant factor

Yes. Expression maps and midi editing tools are in desperate need of an overhaul.

I

1 Like

+1

1 Like

+1

1 Like

+1

1 Like

+1

1 Like

+1

1 Like

+1

1 Like

+1

1 Like

+1

Any improvement would be greatly appreciated.

1 Like

+1

To be Able to audition the articulations by selecting from the expression map list in the inspector.

2 Likes

Yes, they need to be improved.

I would add the ability to change which expression is used by default when recording. Currently is the first one, but it would be nice that you could choose. For instance, I have Violins and some times I want to record with sustain and others with shorts. It would be as easy as allow to click in the panel in the left and select the default articulation (the green triangle).

Expression maps could be a killer feature, but they are like an eternal promise, never fullfiled.

1 Like

+1

I want to add one suggestions related to Expression map.
Expression map is very usefull to command virtual instruments precising the signification of keyswtiches. Is it possible to give a “name” to controler too. I give an example : If we decide in an virtual instument to affect “Vibrato” to the controler 21… It could be better to view “vibrato” in the key editor view … We currently see “controler 21” and we are obliged to reopen the instrument view to see which is the affectation of this controler…

2 Likes