Serious Problems With Direct Offline Processing

I’m guessing there was a very simplistic workflow they tested for, possibly justifying such a simple workflow scenario by the old feature that DOP replaced… perhaps in their minds they considered anything more than what the old feature offered, was good enough. That, plus likely pressure from their marketing department to make sure DOP was ready for Cubase 9.5, and that resulted in the feature being released prematurely without proper testing. Maybe I’m being generous. And this is all speculation.

In any case, I hope it has dawned on them by now that when you unleash a feature like DOP on the incredibly creative minds who use Cubase with 100 different awesome workflows, that many of us would discover uses for DOP that they didn’t imagine when they were testing… and we blew right by the boundaries of testing they were able to do before release. Again, maybe I’m being generous.

Fortunately, there are also a bunch of people with Nuendo who already have a more advanced version of DOP, so they are hopefully getting a lot of feedback there too, and I hope they do the right thing and give us ALL the improvements to DOP they’ve already given Nuendo, plus more bugfixes. :slight_smile: Crossing fingers they are listening.