Sampler Track in Cubase 9

Thanks guys. If Sampler Track could instantly create a mapped program like Recycle can, WOW, that would put Cubase on a completely new level.

That’s why so many of us have requested this feature… I can’t wait to dig into it.

It would have been better if they had improved Groove Agent (which is already excellent). The sampler track is a toy. It’s worthless for me. I need professional, precision tools.

Then use any 3rd party sampler tool that you prefer. This is built into Cubase for integration and workflow ease, no more missing plugins, missing samples because a plugin referred to a sample outside your project folder.

I am I missing something, The included groove agent SE 4 already does this really easily and quickly. Why are we asking for features that we already have in Cubase?

Groove Agent SE4 is all I need. I don’t think people realize this can be used for anything, not just percussion. I feel like a lot of you guys opened it once and never used it again. There was no need for a sampler track.

Exactly, Thank you. The sampler track is for people too stupid to use Groove Agent.

I know you can use Groove Agent for slicing. I can also just use Kontakt, DirectWave, Slicex or whatever other sampler instead of the sampler track. What was your point again?

The sampler track is there for those who like that kind of workflow.

I love it, it is not ment to be a full blown sampler.
It is for quick mapping a sound to the keyboard.
Really useful for backing vocals, to try out different timing and harmony.
A great creative tool imho

Kontakt, DirectWave, Slicex or whatever other sampler don´t come free with Cubase though do they, groove agent SE does.

We want a simple sampler then complain that it´s too simple.

Now my point as you so rudely put it, is that I would rather Steinberg not spend time adding a feature that is already implemented .

Now they’ve decided to make a sampler channel, it might as well have the core functions that make people use it so the time spent developing is worth it.

I put it rudely to Minimalist in response to him saying the sampler track is “for people too stupid to use Groove Agent.”

Can anyone tell me how i can do this: I want the sample to glide legato style one note to another without restarding. I’m clicking “m” mono, glide on. Notes glide but when i push second key the sample restarts at the beginning.

This ^

Also, portamento would be good!

if you enable the audiowarp, there is a legato button.
(i cant remember for sure if the glide can set the time the legato takes to jump to the new note though)

Thanks i since then got GA4 and it’s really great (not just for drums!). I just wish the gui was bigger, so many tiny things to push.

Is there some kind of restriction when one can use “solo” mode in audiowarp? I have this section from long acapella. Now if i turn it to “music” it works and trigger from my keyboard, all good but when i turn on “solo” then no sound. Envelopes is being triggeres, i can see dot moving on them and all but no sound is coming out of the sampler track? just great as i need “solo” ie. better quality audiowarp for acapella…

No, it should work with all material just like Cubase’s real time pitch shift and time stretch.

Maybe saving the project then running Cubase again or creating another sampler track with the same sample will fix it.

Right, seems then it’s some artefact. Happens with only some songs, that’s created in 9.03 and even then not with on all sampler tracks. I’m giving the “workarounds” a try.

Shout out about Sampler Track(s) - bump.

I’d not used Sampler Track(s) and was missing out on the party. I finally discovered it and, as was said, it is a very useful creative tool. I’d overlooked it and finally “found the room” where it lives.

Good video from Vintique Sound – Cubase Quick Tip - Start using the Sampler Track - YouTube – opened the door.

Like it for –

1. Pads
  2. Drums (Multiple tracks)
  3. Parts (Vocal effects)
  4. Leads

Any tips about using it? If we use many Sampler Tracks, what kind of CPU hit are we dealing with for each one?

How do you change sampler tracks background colour? It’s the same as the global “colour preset” i picked. I’d like to change sampler tracks bground just as i have the option to change the editors background. I need those to be almost white.