Mixer track names don't wrap on Windows 10

No wrapping here. Win10, Cubase 9.51

Still no solution to this ?
The problem seem to be still there 4 months later…

…not seen it raised in the Issues forum, which might be wise for those keen to have it solved.

Try running Cubase in Safe Start Mode:

No, still no solution in Pro 9.5.21 :blush:
I thought may be the Musikmesse in Frankfurt would show a new update with fixes. But there was only a tiny Yamaha/Steinberg booth for “kids” to play. No Pro to talk to about these kind of probs. It’s a shame.

“Try running Cubase in Safe Start Mode”… bla bla bla… FIX IT! It is NOT FIXED… so FIX IT!

Sadly this doesn’t fix it, it seems to be just Windows 10, I don’t see it on my W7 machine (but do see it on both W10 machines). Not sure if it affects all W10 machines but not yet heard anyone with W10 who it doesn’t affect.

If it wasn’t clear, I’m trying to check if this is an actual bug and not just your preferences acting up, which is a common cause of issues like this. What a strange way to react.

Musikmesse was just one month after the last major Cubase maintenance update. The whole purpose of trade fairs like this is to show off products and innovations. Again, 9.5.20 had just been released, so even if this was the right place for proudly showcasing bugfix updates, they probably wouldn’t be showing a super early alpha version of Cubase 9.5.30.

I can confirm that word wrapping in Cubase 9.5 and Windows 10 doesn’t work. But it is not a Windows problem because it works on Cubase 9.0 and Windows 10. So Steinberg is to blame for that. They have changed something between version 9.0 to 9.5.

Not quite as simple as that…9.5 wraps just fine on Windows 7, it’s the Cubase 9.5 with Windows 10 combination that shows the issue so looks like there’s also something different in Win 10.

There was a new video engine with 9.5 so that may be the cause (though I thought that had also been added to 9.0.40?).

Still not fixed in 9.5.30!
Grrrr

Exactly - Grrrr! 8)

Grrr too!

Grrrr

Still not working… really a pain :cry:

I don’t believe that Steinberg programmers can’t fix this. The whole graphic interface is made in style of Steinberg. Every checkbox, selection list, button, text area is designed especially not to look Windowish. I mean the instances of every element in program are newly defined and designed for Cubase GUI and Steinberg’s standarts. Therefore Cubase have his individuality and I highly appreciate this. But some can say they are not responsible about non-wrapping text. Please show me the code of Cubase! I will point to the errors with eyes closed :wink:

For Programmers - if that text area is single text input line coded strongly, then it never will wrap. But if it is of type textarea, then ir always wraps. So simple in Windows! :smiley: I think this difference between two text input field types will never change. All this is according to Windows style. But, as I guess all is programmed not to be Windowish, then these non-wrapping text inputs are 100% responsibility of Steinberg. In both cases someone should move only one finger to make us happy :slight_smile:

It wraps in Windows 7 just fine so something in Windows has probably changed. This isn’t to say the Steinberg programmers can’t solve it.

Since it is not wrapping, I use very short names.
Fuzzed Jazz Guitar = Fzd JGtr
Stereo Delay = SDly
Distorted sound of car crashing = BzzD :slight_smile:
and so on…
and if there won’t be text at all, I will put a stickers on screen’s surface :smiley:

There are many other bugs and errors, but I don’t post them anymore. I use my time for composing. Now I’m in filmscoring. At last. I don’t have time to describe errors… Ou, sorry! I mean job they did not done, but have been paid for. They create forum for issues, but why? Is Cubase opensource? No! Is Cubase 5 dollars worth? No! Then why we do tester’s job, but don’t have paid for this job?

Anyway, Cubase is the only DAW I love and will use for long time. I’ve tested ProTools light/free version and I don’t like it, but sounds are great.

My Windows 10/ Cubase 9. 5 does not wrap text in channel strips. My Windows 7/ Cubase 9.5 install does just fine. Also running Cubase 9.5 on my OSX Macbook Pro does fine as well. Seems it’s specific to Windows 10. Update?

I’m also having this problem. Does anyone know if Steinberg is even aware of this issue? Has it been reported or posted in the issues section of the forum?