Dante had an easier time navigating the various levels of hell than I've had installing your software.

Let me qualify: I have been installing and configuring software —with ease— for DECADES. I’ll confess to having just an “above average” IQ.
The installation hung up on me several times. I’m running Windows 7, I have tons of harddrive space and plenty of RAM. It’s not my fault that this was difficult. I do not believe it’s my computer’s fault.
Anyway, I’ve just got the installation and activation of this software completed. I started last weekend, and after spending a couple hours screwing around with it, I gave up.
I thought I’d try ONE MORE TIME this morning and after entering the activation code, everything went smoothy.
There was no difference between how I entered the code last week and how I entered it this week. This week the STEINBERG INSTALLER felt like working correctly.
I can’t totally explain it, but I agree with the original poster’s opinion that this software installation was needlessly convoluted.
And I’ve installed some crazy stuff.

Anyway, now that it’s working, (And I know this is a comment for another thread) I can’t seem to locate a very simple noise reduction tool. Isn’t that a standard wave editing tool? It’s easy (INTUITIVE) enough to find in Audacity… just saying.