Beat Designer suggetions thread..

That would be awesome!

Implement beat Designer in the lower Zone…
+5

+10 …In the lower zone.

More –

Allow automation of pattern switching to be recorded.

Allow lane trigger notes to be learned by playing on controller.

I’ve made several posts for years with suggestions on updating beat designer.

Definitely +1

+1

Just realized this probably won’t happen to push the full version of groove agent (which is on sale right now!)

+1

I just made thread Requesting from Steinberg a Drum Sequencer just like the one that the people from PreSonus just implemented into the latest version of StudioOne 4, it makes Beat Designer look like a toy, which in all honesty, it is.

Your move, Steinberg.

+1

This also is not bad

Agreed, a beat designer/step sequencer for drums is a must. It can be added to Groove Agent, but ideally come with Cubase, with a minimum of 12 channels. Ability to save kits with a sequence/pattern saved for each kit, so you can quickly move through kits (which will grow no doubt) and perhaps it automatically plays back it’s default pattern you saved for each particular kit. See what VPS Avenger does with it’s drum sequencing, something similar. Going through different kits may push you towards a different genre of music, because of the drums.
The important thing to remember is you want efficiency, ideas can come and go quickly, so you want to be able to capture as much as you can as quickly as possible. If you think about it, vast majority are producing music with beats in them, so it’s very central to the production, and having the ability to quickly get the drums you want on a track, to be able to sequence the drums in an easy way (not using the piano roll), large screen/buttons would help a great deal.

The reason I really like that Studio One 4 sequencer is you’re able to change each individual sound to 1/4, 1/8, 1/16, etc.
Which would be really useful for electronic music of all kinds. (Hip-hop, R&B, etc)

You can do that with “Drum Editor” of Cubase. “Shared Copy” is useful too.

I really do need to update my instruments. Soon. :frowning:

i’d like to see a randomizer option inside , example ,write a pattner then use randomize function generate other from note you write , and of course a randomize from empty pattner

would be cool to see an improvment for step sequencer

This seems really easy to implement, and would be a great use of the lower zone.
The amount of time it would save is immeasurable.

I guess there’s always Cubase 11!

• 1 all the way!