[BUG] Hardware rack missing for MR816csx inside Nuendo 8.2

If the MR driver and Nuendo code are well structured and well documented this kind of bug should ask only for a few minutes to repair.

I hope that continuing support for the MR816 interfaces is on the roadmap !

Steinberg interfaces is a serious brand and there is no indication of support drop in the Nuendo 8.2 release note. It is not fair for clients if support is dropped without notice. So obviously i don’t think that it is a desire from Yamaha / Steinberg to drop support silently.

More, it is still possible to find a few new MR816csx interfaces (i bought one new a couple weeks ago).

Another point is that the newer UR824 USB interface cannot be daisy chained. This mean that the UR824 is not able to process more than 16 channels at 88.2 or 96 KHz, when two cascaded MR816 are able to manage 24 channels (16 internals Mic/line and 8 channels using ADAT i/o).
The UR824 can only process 8 internal channels, and 8 external channels, because ADAT links only allow for 4 channels on each link at 88.2 and 96 KHz (there is two links).

And to my knowledge, there is no other interface brand (except the higher end Yamaha Interfaces) that have hardware mixer integration inside Nuendo. This mean that the MR816 still have an interest for some uses (gives SPDIF coaxial i/o too).

At least one other serious brand interface manufacturer (smaller than Yamaha) is still continuing active driver support for Firewire interfaces that have been released about 12 years ago. And even for older 15 years PCI interfaces with WDM, WDM-KS and ASIO support.