Plans for mixer coloring?

Wrong

What are you talking about? lol

Most of who does what?

All I want is my faders in the mixer to match the arrange view. An option for full color or not.

Im not sure how thats adding extra colors. The response from stephen makes no sense.

Makes sense to me. :slight_smile:
I think heā€™s saying that he likes how the track colours get added to the mixer so theyā€™re the same but just a small touch at the bottomā€¦this is what Iā€™m saying works for me and I think most.

I liked his description of adding more colour ending up looking like his old MySpace pageā€¦did you see his MySpace page? No, me neither but I know exactly what he means.

Iā€™m not actually sure what youā€™re asking for as I thought you were referring to something outside of Cubase for comparison I think and I no nothing outside of Cubase.

Always interested in new suggestions that might improve the workflow neverthelessā€¦though I quite like the mixer as it is.

His description is false. Simple

I have no clue what he means as im not wanting to add colors lol

I want the faders colored like my arrange view.

Whats outside of cubase about that? Where did i refer to out of cubase?

In the arrange view, you can color your track any color and have an option for the entire track to color. I want that option on the mixer faders.

Anything i can add to be more clear? Trying to sort out confusion.

I expect he misunderstood you, as I did.

I donā€™t want the whole fader coloured though, which I think is what youā€™re asking for(?). That would look like like his MySpace page. Iā€™m quite happy with the small colouring there is.

Cool, im not asking what you want lol

Id like the option. The option is there for arrange view.

Youā€™re typing too fast for me! I think my replies are lagging behind.

I now understand, yes. Not something I want but as an option I wouldnā€™t actually vote against it. :slight_smile:

You would vote against an option for organization? How odd.

They gave this option in the arrange view. Makes sense to have it in mixer as well.

FWIW, I donā€™t think the mixer has changed in basic appearance in quite a while so maybe more options are due. It does seem to be somewhat quirky in its customisability.

I didnā€™t say Iā€™d vote against the option, I said though it wasnā€™t something I wanted I wouldnā€™t actually vote against it.

I guess its fustrating me because the option is present fir half the workflow, but not the other half. Not sure why they woukd omit that.

Oh, the wording made that hard to understand.

I get not everyone wants to see colored faders. However, in large sessions where i stare at tge mixer for hours, I feel an option to color the faders would be nice.

I added to suggestion.

Thanks for replies.

Are we talking fader caps ?
I kind of like how they can be colored to show the difference of track types.
Personally I would want the channel colored, all the way from top to bottom.
Like protools does, and yes it looks awful, but who cares if it helps navigating the mixer.
But make a feature request, Iā€™m all for more options when it comes to the GUI

Yes! Full fader color. With an opaque slider. Arranger view has this preference. If they added it to the mixer view, that would be killer. Just the option.

However, now that you mention cap, that might be a cool feature as well.

Post a mock-up of what you mean.

Makes sense to me. > :slight_smile: >
I think heā€™s saying that he likes how the track colours get added to the mixer so theyā€™re the same but just a small touch at the bottomā€¦this is what Iā€™m saying works for me and I think most.

I liked his description of adding more colour ending up looking like his old MySpace pageā€¦did you see his MySpace page? No, me neither but I know exactly what he means.

Iā€™m not actually sure what youā€™re asking for as I thought you were referring to something outside of Cubase for comparison > I think > and I no nothing outside of Cubase.

Always interested in new suggestions that might improve the workflow neverthelessā€¦though I quite like the mixer as it is.

As Iā€™m sure you know, on a real mixing desk, all the faders and fader caps are usually the same color, or, at best, you have colored caps for channels and perhaps, a difference color for the Matrix Faders ā€“ on mixers that have a matrix section. In some old desks with small (input fader) and large faders (output faders), the caps were different colors.

In Cubase, the Caps can be colored according to the userā€™s preferences. Tracks, parts, channels can also be colored according to need/taste.

Now, having colored fader caps and the entire channel colored with something else sounds like visual frenzy to me (ā€œmy spaceā€ or ā€œransom noteā€).

Also, whatā€™s ā€œarranger view?ā€ Cubase has no such animal.

I would be happy if every other mixer channel was slightly lighter in color.
You know like a spreadsheet, where columns are easier to separate with shifting background .
As long as it does not mess up how we distinguish a selected track from the others :slight_smile:

+1 (as in option and not an unchangeable default) :slight_smile: