FR: Hide muted Events

What the title says: hide not delete

I strongly disagree…
There is a reason why aN event is muted and at some point one might want it unmuted. How to get it back fast and easy if you don’t see it?
To me this would create to much confusion.

If you dont want to see muted events, move them to a different track and hide that track…

What Tummpi said.

Fredo

Maybe you could send the event to a “muted” tracklist if you don’t want to see it Andreas?

It’s probably possible to do this with a macro that cuts the event, switches to the mute playlist then pastes the event and switches back to the original playlist. If Nuendo’s macro engine fails there is probably some sort of keyboard shortcut automator software that can do it with some clever programming.

I’m all for options, but for me… absolutely not.
I’m with Tummpi and Fredo on this one.

Yes, I don’t need that as well, I would find it rather confusing tbh.

Yes, I don’t need that as well, I would find it rather confusing tbh.

Haha, guys. I guess if a feature was added to Nuendo you wouldn’t be forced to actually use it. I just recently found myself cluttered with muted events (while composing) - I thought it would be handy to actually see what’s really going on in an arrangement. Like a version of “Show Channels for Tracks with Data at the Cursor Position” only that the data has to not be muted or so. I could use that every once in a while. The reason to just not delete muted events is that while I am composing I am often not sure which track/event that I recorded makes it to the final version. I keep muting stuff and bringing it back later.

If you only want to use it to get a glance of it, why not delete all muted events, then undo?

Why not just use “track versions” then?

Then you can have a ‘master’ track version with all events on it, and then you can duplicate it and delete events on the duplicate. You can always revert, yes?

If you only want to use it to get a glance of it, why not delete all muted events, then undo?

yes that would work!

Why not just use “track versions” then?

I am just looking into track versions - will use that more often!

It would be much easier on the eye if the muted events where dark, not bright white. Now that the interface is “low key” visually, it would make sense for muted events to be “ultra low key” rather than “high key”

Basically, make them dark or even semi transparent.