VST Connect Performer opens to a blank screen

I have a collaborator who installed Connect Performer 4.0.20.50 on MacOS 10.11. The application will not fully open - just a white screen. It feels like the OS is preventing it from opening via a no access file/folder buried in the System.

I’m using Cubase Pro 9.5 and it appears they would have to use Connect Performer v4 to connect with me.

Any suggestions on how to fix things their end?

Hi,

that’s the first time we hear about such a problem. I am sorry. Can we have some more details about the problem? Is your performer running macOS 10.11.6? Is the performer app running on a second screen?

Thanx,
Michael.

The computer running Connect Performer is a Mac laptop using 10.11.6 and there’s no second screen involved. Performer will launch but the application window is a blank white screen - no graphics whatsoever. All you can do is quit the application. We downloaded and re-installed a few times, with the same results.

Recently I had the same situation on my computer, 10.12.6, with another creator’s application. They instructed me to go to ~/Library/Application Support/Microsoft/Silverlight/OutOfBrowser and change permissions from No Access to Read and Write. The application would open fully after that.

Because the behavior was so similar, I checked the same path on my collaborators computer via TeamViewer and found No Access folders but they weren’t the same, that is to say, Silverlight related folders. I didn’t know what they were so I left them alone.

I have 2 different MACs running 10.11.06 EL Capitan and 10.13 High Sierra with the same problem PLEASE HELP! At the beggining the app shows a diclosure on internet sharing and after that, There is feedback between speakers and mic. But blank screen .

Hi,

sorry, yes, we can reproduce the problem. We are working to fix that. Meanwhile there’s a workaround : When you the start the “VST Connect Performer” application you will see a dialog telling you : “Please, be aware …”. There is a tick-box to the lower-left side : “Don’t show again”. Tick that box and accept the dialog. Quit the application and restart it again. The performer should work now … Correct?

Have a nice day,
Michael.

Thanks Michael Spork! This worked!

I just had the same issue, on Mac. The suggested workaround worked for me.

When you the start the “VST Connect Performer” application you will see a dialog telling you : “Please, be aware …”. There is a tick-box to the lower-left side : “Don’t show again”. Tick that box and accept the dialog. Quit the application and restart it again. The performer should work now … Correct?

I have VST Connect SE in Cubase pro 10.

I need my performers to have an easy, trouble-free setup process. Now i have to tell them these instructions? to avoid a UI bug that hasn’t been fixed for a year?

Disappointing.

I agree completely.

Today I had a friend test VST Connect Performer on a 2012 MacBook Pro i7 while I ran VST Connect SE in Cubase Pro 10 on my 2019 iMac. He had the same white screen issue. I launched VST Connect Performer on my 2012 MacBook Pro and got it too.

I hadn’t seen this thread and didn’t know about the tick box. If I recall correctly, simply restarting VST Connect Performer resolved the issue.

I’m considering VST Connect for a serious recording project. (Testing SE was a first step, and if it works well, then I’ll test Pro.)

Between this and another issue, it’s not looking good.

For me, it was blank screen every time, requiring force quit, until I clicked the checkbox.

It doesn’t inspire confidence. Also, when you get it working, be careful what username you choose. There’s no way to change it later!