Steinberg Summer Sale?

I know Cubasis and Nuendo have gone on sale but I think many are waiting for HALion and Cubase dsicounts- do we have to wait for Christmas? I thought there would be a sale in July…go!

Ummm … I just bought a Cubase 9.0 → 9.5 Update at 40% off.

:mrgreen:

I want Halion Sonic and upgrade Elements to Artist.

Is there a link for the sale…might want to upgrade my Elements to match my Pro.

I believe the offer is for updates only - not up"grades".

Thanks, yes it’s an Update I want for my copy of Elements (from 9 to 9.5) . I’m already at Pro 9.5. The code doesn’t work for Elements. Ah well, never mind. Thanks for posting anyway.

This again. Why don’t they advertise these offers on their main page (or the newsletter) ? Do they actually want to sell their updates?
I’m looking for the upgrade, is that offer out too?

I haven’t seen either the update or upgrade offer but they don’t usually run at the same time.

From what Ive heard, the upgrade offers take place twice a year they were last available in December. I want to upgrade Elements to Artist as well and want to buy a full version of Halion Sonic 3. Hope they come by soon, in the meantime, I am loving Komplete 11 and learning more about how to use it. It’s a monster.

I’m afraid you heard wrong. New versions of Cubase come out at the end of the year (last year November, previously December), there are no upgrade offers at that time.

For the last few years upgrade offers for Cubase have been available in the late summer, July/August.

How about Halion? I think it was discounted last December?

Halion maybe, I don’t remember a sale around the release of Cubase 9.5 but maybe.

You can already crossgrade Kontakt/Komplete to HALion 6 for the same price as a full version of HALion Sonic 3. HALion 6 includes HALion Sonic 3. Not a special offer, but better value I think, from your perspective.

[/quote]
You can already crossgrade Kontakt/Komplete to HALion 6 for the same price as a full version of HALion Sonic 3. HALion 6 includes HALion Sonic 3. Not a special offer, but better value I think, from your perspective.
[/quote]

Great deal, $100 off full price, but more than I want to spend right now. Thanks for the idea.

I f I buy HALion Sonic 3 EE for $149, what are the limitations?

Not sure what you mean by Halion Sonic 3 EE?

There is no Halion Sonic 3 EE and Halion Sonic 3 SE is free.

Educational Edition

https://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-audio/steinberg-halion-sonic-3-ee/j51429000000000?cntry=us&source=3WWRWXGP&gclid=CjwKCAjw-dXaBRAEEiwAbwCi5iI-KVobry8bAOFsqy8wJnnsNbLmpdkIuvGQuUolqS8IWkU0-Z45QBoCoacQAvD_BwE&kwid=productads-adid^221957295836-device^c-plaid^323968840263-sku^J51429000000000@ADL4MF-adType^PLA

…I can’t follow that link “due to my geographical location”.

Nevertheless, Educational editions of Cubase are exactly the same as full versions BUT you need proof of eligibility to acquire the license and come upgrade time they stop being “EE” versions and you’re back onto full price versions (there’s no educational upgrade discount scheme).

If you can buy the “EE” version without proving you’re eligible you may find you need to prove eligibility to Steinberg after you’ve paid the merchant. There have been people on the forum before who’ve bought “EE” licenses from thirds parties and run into difficulties. This is not to say that you will just to let you know. If you’re buying from a reputable seller and you are eligible then I’m sure it’s a great saving.

My wife is the director of operations at a local university and has an .edu email address. I think this should be sufficient, yes?

No, I wouldn’t but it’s not up to me.