Expression Map - Helpful Additions

Yes. Expression maps and midi editing tools are in desperate need of an overhaul.

I

1 Like

+1

1 Like

+1

1 Like

+1

1 Like

+1

1 Like

+1

1 Like

+1

1 Like

+1

1 Like

+1

Any improvement would be greatly appreciated.

1 Like

+1

To be Able to audition the articulations by selecting from the expression map list in the inspector.

2 Likes

Yes, they need to be improved.

I would add the ability to change which expression is used by default when recording. Currently is the first one, but it would be nice that you could choose. For instance, I have Violins and some times I want to record with sustain and others with shorts. It would be as easy as allow to click in the panel in the left and select the default articulation (the green triangle).

Expression maps could be a killer feature, but they are like an eternal promise, never fullfiled.

1 Like

+1

I want to add one suggestions related to Expression map.
Expression map is very usefull to command virtual instruments precising the signification of keyswtiches. Is it possible to give a “name” to controler too. I give an example : If we decide in an virtual instument to affect “Vibrato” to the controler 21… It could be better to view “vibrato” in the key editor view … We currently see “controler 21” and we are obliged to reopen the instrument view to see which is the affectation of this controler…

2 Likes

I think if you drag a slot to the top of the list it will use that as the default.

Also if you have a blank slot at the top, nothing becomes the default (or rather that slot is the default and it does nothing).

I would like to link here a feature request I posted while back, which always gets me into trouble.

In short, delay compensation per articulation, extremely useful when dealing with long and short articulations.

3 Likes

+1

Was thinking about exactly the Independent MIDI offset feature the other day and how awesome that would be for some libraries.

Expression Maps is the future!!

2 Likes

I know, but it is not exactly what I’m asking for.

Currently, you can change it but you have to edit it through the Expression Map menu, which is not the most accessible one.

What I’m asking for is the ability to change it easier and faster in each track. Now I want to record staccatos mainly, then I set the default to staccato. If I want to record sustain, I change the default to sustain again. This way, I can record using the expression maps in a much better way. I think that now you have to stick with the default one when using attributes. I would like this to be more flexible.

1 Like

+1

1 Like

the first of what may become an annual +1

1 Like

+1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

1 Like