Cubase 10 expectations, hopes, etc.?

The GUI & associated work flow really needs to be more consistent. Studio One is far superior in this regard after having used both for several years. Its simple to use and super efficient. Working in Cuase is like wading through treacle in comparison

• UI is really untidy & inconsistent. The UI uses Different fonts, we have disappearing M/S buttons when zooming in on the mixer
  • We’ve lost a lot of the customisation in recent versions - can only now pick and adapt from existing from a colour palettes
  • The inspector is old fashioned. Steinberg should expose as many commonly used controls as possible to avoid having to click, open, close and scroll panels all the time
  • The floaty menu bar in windows is absolutely bizarre and wastes real estate if you extend the project window across two monitors. So annoying!!
  • We should have an option to have all plug ins render in a single tabbed window or have them separate - this should respond when I change tracks
  • Dragging and dropping is clunky - If I want to insert an audio clip into the project, I have to position the now cursor and drag the wav file all the way over to the left hand side to create a new track. I just want to drop it directly into project window - such a faff
  • The features to add/remove a track are not consistent between the mixer and the project window… grrr - means I have to switch back to the project window all the time
  • The editor windows have lost their integrated transport buttons - I have to jump bakc to the project window as a result
  • no smart tools in this day in age is painful - Sonar had this 10 years ago

In summary it takes too many clicks to get simple things done. Focus less on adding on adding generic instruments/content and give us a world class work flow.