Holding ALT down to multi-set an option for all tracks selected

When I have multiple tracks selected - it’s great I can use ALT and choose an output bus for all of the tracks at once.

This functionality should also be applied to things like the Linear or Musical timebase icon. I only just found the option to use not use Linear editing by default in the preference.

It is intuitive to do the same thing with the ALT key across tracks to set preferences. I’d love to also NAME a set of tracks and have it auto incremement a number in this way too…

ie Across 10 tracks hold ALT - click in name field ENTER NAME : EXPLOSIONS - renames tracks EXPLOSIONS 01, EXPLOSIONS 02, EXPLOSIONS 03,… etc. I know you can create tracks this way when creating a track - but once you have sounds dragged in from somewhere onto a new track, would be nice to also force this naming.

I’d love to also NAME a set of tracks and have it auto incremement a number in this way too…

+1

i may be wrong but if you select multiple tracks, rename the first one then SHIFT + ENTER is what you want.

I totally agree on the Musical/Linear mode, it has been requested for years !

i may be wrong but if you select multiple tracks, rename the first one then SHIFT + ENTER is what you want.

SHIFT + ENTER only gives the clips on the particular tracks their track names… (and also NOT for multiple tracks in one time)
I think the feature we’re looking for doesn’t exist on Nuendo yet.

In the meanwhile/as a workaround, I use EDIT/RENAME OBJECTS to rename and renumber my tracks.
Make sure you don’t have a clip selected, select your track-headers and then use EDIT/RENAME OBJECTS:

1. FREE TEXT (text of your choice)
  2. NUMBER
    which returns the TEXT of your choice with a sequential numbering behind it.

Niek/ Amsterdam

My bad, I was confusing with naming a folder containing audio tracks, then holding down SHIFT + ENTER gives the same name to all tracks contained in the folder track but no incrementation… (CTRL and ALT or any combination does the same thing)