MultiTrack SYNC ISSUES w/ Folder Sync

Post general topics related to Cubase Pro 8, Cubase Artist 8 and Cubase Elements 8 here.
kamalski

Re: MultiTrack SYNC ISSUES w/ Folder Sync

Post by kamalski »

very strange. as stated before i had the same problem but the zero xing OFF completely solved it for me.
so it might possible that the issue stems from somewhere else. i remember other issues that eventually turned out to originate in specific plugins i had installed. when uninstalled the problems disappeared.
the only suggestion i can offer is to actually try a completely "clean" install of Cubase without any 3rd party plugs and see if the problem is still there. that would clear up the path of troubleshooting.
http://www.artofaudio.com.au
PC: AAVIM TECHNOLOGY PXS 6K
OS: Win10 64bit (update blocked!)/ MB: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD7/ CPU: Intel i7 6850K - 3.6 GHz/
RAM: 32 GB PC4 21300 Quad-Channel DDR4/ GrFx: NVIDIA Quadro NVS
monitor: 2x SONY Bravia 42"/ 2x UAD-2 OCTO DSP card/ RME Fireface UFX

mart

Post by mart »

Folder sync breaks for me with every use... every single use. The trouble is I have a hard time recreating it and thats why it has not being fixed.

Some areas to look into would be track stacking order front to back. Often when its out of sync I notice that one or more tracks in a folder sync (but normally one though) wants to hide or alternatively go behind the adjacent audio while all the others have the opposite behaviour.

There should be no instance where tracks get out of sync within a folder with 'sync' pressed from the very beginning of use. Zero crossing is off at all times for me.
Windows 10 Build 1909 , Gigabyte x58 Soc FORCE, 16gb Ddr4 RAM, Intel 5930x, Cubase 10.5, Dorico 3.5 UAD-2 PCIe (1 x OCTO & 2 x Quad ), Protools 12.7, Vienna Ensemble Pro 7 with 32gb Slave PC.

jezburns

Post by jezburns »

kamalski wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:14 pm
very strange. as stated before i had the same problem but the zero xing OFF completely solved it for me.
so it might possible that the issue stems from somewhere else. i remember other issues that eventually turned out to originate in specific plugins i had installed. when uninstalled the problems disappeared.
the only suggestion i can offer is to actually try a completely "clean" install of Cubase without any 3rd party plugs and see if the problem is still there. that would clear up the path of troubleshooting.
I've tried and still experienced the same issues with new installations and updates of Cubase as well as installations on completely different machines. I've never seen anything that indicates it's a plugin related problem - I can understand how a plugin might cause CPU spikes / low memory issues, but not how it could break the editing features. The only thing I've been able to find out for sure is that it always seems to happen at the same spot in a project (regardless of snap to zero crossing) - some blocks of audio seem to be predestined to cause the breakdown when you do anything with them (found this out by undoing, then recreating the same actions or varying them slightly). I can't imagine that Steinberg haven't encountered this problem in testing and it would be really nice for a mod to weigh in and give some indication as to whether it's something a fix is planned for.

mart

Post by mart »

Any way you can recreate the breakage
Windows 10 Build 1909 , Gigabyte x58 Soc FORCE, 16gb Ddr4 RAM, Intel 5930x, Cubase 10.5, Dorico 3.5 UAD-2 PCIe (1 x OCTO & 2 x Quad ), Protools 12.7, Vienna Ensemble Pro 7 with 32gb Slave PC.

BEEFC0DE

Post by BEEFC0DE »

I recoreded 10 takes of drums today and my project is now in a state where drum-comping is NOT USABLE.
I can not really tell how I got there, but I have 10 takes on 16 tracks all with the same length and zero crossing off and am runnig version 9.5.30 that "fixed an issue" with group editing and zero crossing, so I would have expected that massive testing of this feature has been done recently at Steinberg.

Moving to foreground by comp tool or even selecting a lane (for example "use take 2", I click on the snare track) now leads to selecting different lanes on some of the tracks (for example overhead left jumps to take 4 and low tom jumps to take 1).
I really consider this a bug.
I tried to get around this by disabling group editing and trying to align what is in the foreground manually by moving individual or all lanes to foreground, but as soon as I reenable group editing (without a warning) and try to comp or select, some different lanes are use.

If group editing is on, lanes should be connected by all means.
If there is any reason why take 1 and take 3 should be combined, disabling of group editing or a kind of "group override" (new "feature") should be needed.

Lost hours today hunting for a solution and am very disappointed to find out the problem is around for so long.
Multi-Take-Drum-Comping was the only reason why I got the Pro license.

mart

Post by mart »

BEEFC0DE wrote:
Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:32 am
I recoreded 10 takes of drums today and my project is now in a state where drum-comping is NOT USABLE.
I can not really tell how I got there, but I have 10 takes on 16 tracks all with the same length and zero crossing off and am runnig version 9.5.30 that "fixed an issue" with group editing and zero crossing, so I would have expected that massive testing of this feature has been done recently at Steinberg.

Moving to foreground by comp tool or even selecting a lane (for example "use take 2", I click on the snare track) now leads to selecting different lanes on some of the tracks (for example overhead left jumps to take 4 and low tom jumps to take 1).
I really consider this a bug.
I tried to get around this by disabling group editing and trying to align what is in the foreground manually by moving individual or all lanes to foreground, but as soon as I reenable group editing (without a warning) and try to comp or select, some different lanes are use.

If group editing is on, lanes should be connected by all means.
If there is any reason why take 1 and take 3 should be combined, disabling of group editing or a kind of "group override" (new "feature") should be needed.

Lost hours today hunting for a solution and am very disappointed to find out the problem is around for so long.
Multi-Take-Drum-Comping was the only reason why I got the Pro license.
Welcome to the party.

mart

Post by mart »

I think track ordering (front to back ordering) may be part of the foldersync bug. This happens me regularly... the following video has the first track out of five with lanes expanded and the others closed. Notice how I'm dragging one part over and back and the front to back ordering is messing up even when Folder sync is enabled.

I wonder if once this occurs, and you make a cut, is that cut then not correctly selecting the correct lanes and from that point folder sync is out of sync.

https://youtu.be/G4SlbLpUS40

Return to “General”