Ripple Edit - for Events and Ranges (voice overs, podcasts e.g.)

Great idea for implementation. I would add that #1 should also move all automation data on every single track/channel (including groups, auxes, master, etc.) as well, otherwise it will all be out of synch with the rippled tracks.

My friend, strike me hard if I’m wrong but methinks that automation data is attached to events/parts by default in Cubase/Nuendo. Therefore one should not worry about them at all.

Yes, totally - it is for the actual events/parts, but not for Groups, Sends, Master Faders, etc., which of course are crucial automation-wise.

True, true. All that stuff must ripple as well; those things should go without mentioning :slight_smile:

I edit a lot of voice over stuff, and my biggggest wish is: that we get two nice little buttons that make it possible - like in Wavelab! - to move all events and gaps together PLUS markers (!)
“Ripple Edit” is a very fine and fast handling - without having to do any shortcuts or double clicks or similar “work arounds”…

Ripple Edit (like in Wavelab!) =

+ 1 !

:bulb:

I like this, yes! It’s amazing how much time and fiddling around this would save/eliminate, saving very noticeable large amounts of time for anyone, especially those like me with composing sessions that have hundreds of tracks, tons of groups, sends, etc.

absolutely! It would be immense time-saving for film music composers who works with tons of tracks and automations too.

P.S:
I would pay 540,- Euros again - if that feature would be integrated in Cubase X. :bulb:

(no kiddin)

+1

+1

Wow, this would be amazing. Huge +1

+1 for Ripple Edit.

+1! This can be a time saver also for classical music editing

+1

+1

I didn’t know what this was but it would of helped me so many times.

Most other DAWs of Cubase’s type have it including Pro Tools and Studio One. It does not exist in Cubase and it’s so massively useful.

What ripple edit is: When this is enabled, any edits you make in your project will affect the timing position of ALL tracks, lanes, automation on groups, auxes, instruments, etc. ahead of it, or individual tracks which are selected. This definitely does not exist in Cubase (there are workarounds that require many steps as opposed to just one) – when you use it in a another DAW you will see how very great and useful it is.

Please, let’s get it in Cubase so we can be competitive with these other DAWs in this way. I long for it whenever I see someone using it in Pro Tools, Studio One, and others.

Repeat: With ripple edit there is usually just one step (aside from enabling ripple edit and selecting individual tracks if you want that instead of all tracks) which is the actual edit/move, and with Cubase there are many steps, both before and after. It’s a night and day difference and the speed and efficiency increase is massive.

Please join the already existing request thread for Ripple Edit here:

There is also a nice animation of Ripple Edit in action in that thread.

I know the feature you are asking for, it’s what we use in Adobe Premiere to pull the whole timeline to the left when we delete a section. It’s actually totally doable in Cubase, at least starting in version 10:

• Use CTRL+ Shift (CMD+Shift on Mac) plus the range tool and select the section to delete. The key commands select every track when using the Range tool.
  • Use CTRL+ Shift (CMD+Shift on Mac) plus “x” to cut the section. Everything moves over!
1 Like

For C12, I would be thrilled if Steinberg would consider adding ripple editing functionality with the ability to alternate between rippling one or all tracks.

Hey everyone how about using one of your Votes for this feature?
Perhaps SB will finally take notice…