Cubase 9.5.40 update available

So do i need to buy the Avid DNxHD license? I’m on Cubase 9.5 Pro
Details please

Yes, if you need DNxHD support – it’s $30 – Video Decoder for Avid DNxHD® | Steinberg

If you want to play DNxHD files in Nuendo or Cubase with the new video engine (which replaced the old Quicktime-based engine which had security issues due to Apple abandoning security updates for it), you need this codec license. Applies to Nuendo 8.1.0 or Cubase 9.0.40 or above. Steinberg developed a brand new video engine in-house, and due to licensing issues with Avid, they separately developed an Avid codec, but it requires an extra license fee now. Hope that helps.

And BTW, it is not necessary if you don’t need to use DNxHD files.

In the mixconsole the „Zone Buttons“ got lost.

Thanks for the update - some nice fixes; install was smooth… :sunglasses: :slight_smile:

Anybody getting crashes when trying to export a project?

updated and it works fine, at least for now,
even though i was expecting for warp solution…guess ill have to wait more… :imp:

What is the correct way to backup your Cubase environment?

Installed update from 9.5.3 to 9.5.4. Exported a bunch of wave files as 32-bit (same as previous settings) imported them into Live and they showed up as if they were DC coupled (not sure this is the correct term) and would not play. See screen shot.

Exported the same files from another computer with 9.5.3 installed and it worked fine.

Gonna roll back to 9.5.3. Ugh…

Update…

Rolled back to 9.5.3 opened the same session. Exported the same files on the same computer and they imported into LIVE just fine.

projects still hang when closing & still can’t read peaks in mixer with charcoal grey fonts against black

Seems good so far. Opened a few older projects and they ran well. Thanks for fixing the laggy stereo panner! Cheers

What is the correct way to backup your Cubase environment?

To backup, you can use System Restore point, or take a full system backup. It rather depends on what your environment entails. Whatever it does, just backup everything and you’re covered.

I can reproduce this (with Ableton Live 10)
Strangely enough, in Ableton when I disable warp of the audio file it does play although the meters go into fully red regardless. Once I warp the audio I just get one loud click/pop and that’s it…
However, the file plays just fine in Audacity, Vlc and Resonic Pro.
Luckily I don’t depend on exporting 32 bit audio files to Ableton but this is a bummer for people that do…

edit:
Also having the issue of Cubase not opening maximized, a small thing but annoying nonetheless…

Otherwise this update works fine over here so far…

Thanks. Saving your profile prior to updating isn’t enough?

Live 9 can’t open 32bit files from Cubase
24bit fils are OK

Logic X can open both 32 and 24 bit files from Cubase

Ableton Live doesn’t support 32-bit integer (aka fixed-point) audio files. It only supports 32-bit float. Are you aware of that? What bit depth setting have you chosen when exporting the files from Cubase?

Miloslav

btw, after installing 9.5.40

after opening prejects, in beginning i hear ground noise.
what it can be ?

Hello :smiley:
After 6 days without broadband and home phone,due to a major cable fault,I am back up and running.#
Great to see another update,to the awesome Cubase :smiley:

Is their a list of the fixes/improvements for this maintenance update?

Cheers

Not for me. I’m a ‘backup everything possible’ type.