Best Way to "Freeze" a Group Channel?

Thank you for that suggestion, but Render In Place refuses to render the Vox Sum channel. I’ve tried all four options:

• Dry (Transfer Channel Settings) - Renders the top-level Vox channel, effectively duplicating it
  • Channel Settings - Renders the top-level Vox channel (with fader and other channel inserts applied)
  • Complete Signal Path - Renders the bottom-level Surround Out 5.1 output channel (Vox > Comp 1-4 > Vox Sum > Vocals > Master > Surround Out). Setting Vox Sum’s output to “No Bus” doesn’t break this chain, but simply removes Vox Sum from the render of Surround Out. Likewise, setting Vocals’ output to “No Bus” doesn’t break the chain, but simply removes the Vocals output from the render of Surround Out.
  • Complete Signal Path + Master FX - As above, renders the Surround Out 5.1 output channel.

I tried “As Separate Events,” “As Block Events,” and “As One Event.” This had no apparent effect.

As if that’s not enough, the option to Render In Place randomly grays itself out. Simple things, like Alt+tabbing (to compose this forum post in Firefox), or double-clicking on an audio clip to invoke the Sample Editor, will cause the options to randomly become unavailable or bring them back again. It took me quite a while to figure this out - thought I was routing things wrong, but it’s just a bug confusing things.