FX Chain Presets Problem

Still not working … so sad, I waited too long too … it was supposed to be fixed in this version, but is NOT, this shouldn’t be added in “fixes” and is there…

Hi,

Does it mean, you still can’t save the FX Chain Preset?

I can save, but I can’t load, I didn’t tested on deep, but the steps I did at the moment:

• Load project worked in 9.5.3, in to 9.5.4
  • Save fx chain from X instrument or audio channel with several plugins (like 4 plugins) and some of just 2
  • Load fx chain in new instrument or audio (it won’t) not working at all

But seems like if you make new chain from scratch in 9.5.4, then save the fx chain and then load, it works… but still as a pain to not be able to recover old chains of projects saved in 9.5.3…

Yeah, this is really disappointing. 9.50.4 still cannot open one of these “corrupted” FX Chain Preset files saved from a previous version. Inserts just remain blank after trying to load.

Attached is one of my preset files that don’t load.
FX Chain Preset - not working.zip (9.34 KB)

Hi,

The files were stored in a corrupted state. This is the reason, why you can’t load them. You can’t recreated something from the corrupted file.

FX Chain Presets stored in Cubase 9.5.40 are stored correctly and you can load them.

Martin. This is not true. At least in my case.

• Opened a 9.5.30 Project
  • Saved it in 9.5.40
  • Saved the Inserts as FX Chain Preset in 9.5.40
  • Removed all Inserts
  • Loaded the previously saved FX Chain Presets

In some cases it works, in some not. Thought that maybe the Kind of insert creates the Problem, but I don’t think so.

Here’s an example: I have 2 chains with 2 identical inserts. Just slight differences in parameters. One is working (00 - 01 - Drums - 04 - Snare Top - 01.fxchainpreset), one is not (00 - 01 - Drums - 05 - Snare Bottom - 01.fxchainpreset).

Any idea?
00 - 01 - Drums - 05 - Snare Bottom - 01.zip (5.67 KB)
00 - 01 - Drums - 04 - Snare Top - 01.zip (5.63 KB)

Well there is something wrong with the project im trying to copy my fx chains from. Its my old template ive grown since cubase 7 and somewhere down the line it’s become semi corrupt. In that i can’t add any channels without it crashing. But apart from that i can still mix/make music in it.

I re-saved the old template in 9.5.40, quit and reopened. Then resaved all the fxchains.

Opened the newly made template - Loaded the Drum Buss fxchain and it worked. Then after that one time none of the others load.

Good to know I’m not alone. This is seriously ridiculous.

I agree; totally ridiculous.

What’s “corrupted” about the file I posted above? A previous poster said he opened one in a text editor and replaced something with something else, but my preset doesn’t have anything like he suggested. What’s the corruption, Steinberg? Let me know and I’ll fix my old files.

the same in my case… works sometimes not always.

Hi,

If you open the files in any text editor, you will find, it’s just an XML file. In the corrupted FX Chain Preset, you will find:

<string name="Editor Name" value="&#x90;&#xa8;P"/>

In the correct preset, the same line looks like this:

<string name="Editor Name" value="editor"/>

Same with 2 other lines (wrong):

<string name="Editor Name 1" value="&#x90;&#xd4;&#xa7;P"/>
<string name="Editor Name" value="&#x99;@P"/>

correct:

<string name="Editor Name 1" value="|+K" wide="true"/>
<string name="Editor Name" value="Slot"/>

Thank you

This means we can fix it by changing some codes in the XML text?

Hi,

I haven’t tried, but I would say so.

Thanks Martin for looking into it!
I’ll give it a try.

you can delete the whole line, this worked for me on 9.5.30
and I can second the problems you have, here it still does not load (saved in .40, not loaded in .40)

Hi,

So you still get these messy names in the XML file in .40?

Here’s my drum buss that loads fine after saving in 9.5.40

and here’s an example of one that doesn’t

Replacing the code in the XML-File did not work!

Deleting the 3 lines worked in 9.5.40 too. Thanks!

But it is really annoying and makes it hard to work with the program.
My impression is that Steinberg introduces 2 new bugs when trying to remove 1 with their updates

What lines do you delete? Does that mean you can now load the preset?