Cubase 9.5.40 update available

Really great how much SB is caring about the customers.
You can see it in this thread…

Waiting patiently for 9.5.41.

OK, time’s up. Where is it? :laughing:

it’s here around the corner :laughing:

Save the project before you record.
May be able to solve the problem.

… today also crash-on-record happened! Back to 9.5.30 for the moment.

It worked initially…

on a track with 4 or 5 track versions: when clicking new version and hitting record, cubase crashed. I recreated this several times. If i just start a new track with same settings as track with multiple versions, it does not crash.

same problem here, using loop browser. Same sample playing no matter what I select. Deselecting “Align beats to project” seems to make it work, but then there is really no point in a loop browser…

Is this issue only happening with 64 bit float processing? Or does it also occur with 32 bit float as well?

Hi,

This is probably already discussed (so known) issue crash while record. Please share a crash dump file to verify if it’s the same or not.

If yes, switching to 32-bit processing precision should fix it.

Hi,

Already known and converted.

cubase 9.5.40 has many problems, among these is that its channelStrip does not work its presets

When the new 9.5.4x came out, Steinberg should delete this update version from server … like it’s not happened … because this is a big shame

Hi,

Also already known, discussed and covered.

Please, try to be helpful, comments like this do not help anybody. As far as I can see, there are just the following four issues associated with this update:

1. Crash on record
  2. Mediabay playback sync broken
  3. Drag MIDI to sampler track broken
  4. Channel strip presets not working

Among these four issues, the first three ones seem to be related to the 64-bit recording format and/or 64-bit processing precision.

Although I do understand your frustration, I do not think that 9.5.40 should be pulled down. The fraction of affected users is actually quite small.

Best regards

Miloslav

small? :open_mouth:

The vast majority of current 3rd party plugins (including Waves, UAD, etc.) do not support 64-bit floating point input/output so there is still little to none benefit in using 64-bit processing precision. And regarding the 64-bit float and 32-bit integer recording formats, they were introduced just in this update.

My installation is a standard-one with no changes, and the loop browser is broken. Thus this should affect a lot of people brave enough to apply latest patch. I’m guessing though that I don’t run 64-bit floating point since my Waves-plugins work fine

Okay, could you please check your settings? From the menu, please, select Studio > Studio Setup, then in the Devices list, select VST Audio System. Now, under the “Advanced Options” > which option have you got in the “Processing Precision” drop-down list?

Hi. What is meant by ‘covered’? Does that mean that the problem has been resolved and a fix will be issued? Or does it mean the problem is being worked on?

32 bit float

So I guess this issue affects a lot of users!