Cubase 9.5.40 update available

I have remained on 5.30 due to the clamour. Good to hear that you are preparing a fix!

/Magnus

Thank you for listen us!

This is responsible , thank you

Nice. Thank you for your (and SB’s) attention Ed.

puma

Excellent. Thanks for the update!

This is good news and a very welcome post Ed.

Good news. THX.
Perhaps, in the upcoming update you could fix another tiny bug: Key command “Find in the Media Bay”, nowadays it only open the Media Bay window but doesn’t set the cursor in the search field.

Thx in advance.

Great news Steinberg!! Thanks in advance

Ed, Thank you for speaking up on behalf of Steinberg. Appreciated. Will you also be fixing the botched behavior of loop auditioning that occurs in 9.5.4 in next weeks update? Thank you.

Thanks for the info Ed. Looking forward to the hotfix.

this update should have simply been called a public beta test update. And users would not have been so upset. They would have understood and expected there to be problems, and would have known the risks. And Steinberg would have had valuable feedback.

why did you stop doing public betas again Steinberg? you started them a few years ago and then just stopped again? it was a good step in the right direction but was dropped so quickly. It could have worked really well in instances such as this. I hope you reconsider starting public betas after this episode again

Frustrating to see that these types of bugs made it through to a final release, but good that Steinberg was listening and is reacting quickly to give us a hotfix. Thank you to whoever at Steinberg that is changing the company’s response to events like this! The prior response pattern over years has not been stellar to say the least. Maybe they hired or promoted someone new to handle these kinds of things better? I definitely prefer this version of Steinberg to the other.

Now they just need to get their releases better tested. :slight_smile:

Thank you Ed!
Great to hear that Steinberg are listening (which is what I thought) :slight_smile:
No expert here,but can imagine how complex the software code is,the debugging etc .As a new comer to Cubase,I fully appreciate,the effort put in behind the scenes to sort out the issues.
I’m still learning lots,in between my main job outside music.

Ed, great news and thank you.

I see that ‘Steinberg is listening,’ but I am a bit puzzled that Steinberg is still promoting this update on their News and Announcement page. Seems like there should be an addendum to that ‘BOOM’ announcement to at least tell folks of the possibility of significant bugs in this release. Frankly, I usually just update based on those announcements, as I usually dont read these threads. Ok, now I have seen evidence where that isn’t so smart on my part!

I had made this question already quite a few times but without any answer from Steinberg.
I believe also that this solution would be a huge step in solving problems…

Ed…
Thank you to Steinberg for plannng to issue this fairly quick hotfix. But, your post announcing it should be issued as a new seperate topic or news announcement. Not buried on page 8 of a topic that announces the arrival of 9.5.40.

Just sayin… :question:

Regards. :sunglasses:

The fact that so many people here freak out and make kneefalls and kudos for something that should be a) completely normal and is b) long long overdue says a lot about this company and how low the expectations are already… :unamused:

I tried the rollback (via the links posted here,by ED) but my Cubase Pro still remains at 9.5.40.
No problem for me,as a hobbyist,but still kinda curious.
Look forward to next week,and the hotfix.

I have not had problems.
Thank you very much Ed Doll and the whole team.

Regards,
Carlos.