When Opening CPR from Explorer, Add to Files MRU List

Well that’s a Rube Goldberg title.

I consider this a -bug-, but it’s so arcane that perhaps SB considers it a ‘feature’.

As you probably know, if you click on a CPR from Windows Explorer, it will launch Cubase with that project. Great. -However-, what I just learned today (after 18 years) is that doing so does -not- add that CPR to the Files ‘Recent Projects’ list. Only projects opened from the Files menu get that distinction. It’s a detail, but it should be cleaned up.

The exact opposite also happens. If you open a Project from within Cubase that Project is not added to the list of recently used files that Windows maintains for Cubase.

I’ve totally abandoned using Cubase’s recent file list in favor of Windows’ which is much more flexible. I pin Cubase to the Taskbar. Then right+click on the Cubase Icon and the Windows list appears.

The Windows list can do several things that the Cubase list can’t:
Projects can be deleted from the list (like old mangled files you don’t want to see)
Projects can be pinned to the list so they are always available
The position of Projects within the list can be changed (put whats most important at the top)

Weird…

If I open a new or older project by clicking on a .cpr in Windows Explorer, Cubase will open with the project and it will show up in the Cubase File>Recent Projects list and it will show up in the Steinberg Hub Recent list too?

Regards :sunglasses:

Win7 vs. Win10?

I am using Win 10 Pro. I haven’t tried this on my older Win 7 PC.

Regards :sunglasses:

+1
My problem with a MRU list - that is to as quick as possible reach recently used project, for convenience - that they placed it on bottom of File menu,
You have to move mouse all down the screen height to reach it - figure?

Other application it’s near the top of menu…obviously…simple things…like this topics feature request that I fully support.
Pay attention to small details that matter if using software all day long, year after year.

Yeah that has always seemed pretty odd to me.

Guys, in Win 10 everything works well (finally). When I open *.CPR from Windows Explorer it adds that CPR to the Files ‘Recent Projects’ list, and the exact opposite also works fine - If I open a Project from within Cubase that Project is added to the list of recently used files that Windows maintains for Cubase. But in Win 8.1 it didn’t work well.
Good luck.

Thanks for clarifying.