Groove Agent 5 update too expensive!

I bought this update, it cost me $ 150 CAD and honestly I paid way too much for two new drum kits and some new MIDI styles. Sure, there are some new features, but make sure that you will be really useful before investing this amount.

I recently bought a new Cypher2 synth, a special offer from ROLI for a whopping $ 79 USD, I must admit I got my money and more, which is not the case with this update of GA5 or GA $$$.

I agree, the relation is not right!
An update price between max. 69, - € just 79, - € would be justified also because of the content increase, although certainly not everyone need it. The acoustic kit of the 4 version could not keep up with Toontrack or the NI studio drummer in my opinion.
More important are the new functionalities and, above all, a larger GUI.
The pattern editor of the 4 version was definitely too small.
But 99, - € are definitely too high
The ratio - GA4 Update 99, - € -GA 2/3 Update 119, - € - full version 179, - € is not true at all!
Compared to the GA 2/3 update, the GA4 update price would have to be lower.
In the spring there will probably be a Groove Agent 5 offer for 109, - € for the full version, as in 2015 GA4 for 99, - €?
The already longer Steinberg user feels a little
disadvantaged.

Advice for all. Wait to try it with the demo version that I imagine will be available soon.
For my part, I bought this update and I am disappointed. I am not the kind of person who criticizes everything and everything. I love this VST, but seriously, it’s not worth 99 Euros. That’s my opinion and I share it …

I’m about set to buy a drum module. GA sounds good to me and then I heard about Superior Drummer. I went to their site and it’s nearly 500.00. Now GA sounds even better. However, EZdrummer is priced closer to GA and but I don’t know which is better.

I also agree with everyone, upgrades should be far less expensive than buying outright. I believe upgrades are to keep current customers on your platform. But when it’s all the same price, people then start looking at sampletank, EZdrummer, and others. Hell, there’s even Sonivox Tony Coleman kits that sounds damn good. Lacks all the fancy stuff but for 19.00 hahaha.

Still I love Cubase and am favoring GA5.

Choose the one that sounds best to you.

The acoustic kits in superior/ez drummer have a different flavour than the GA acoustic kits.

I’m keeping my money.

+1.

I don’t know. If they throw in one of their $35 t-shirts into the mix… :confused:

dedicated to you personally then :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I’m as greedy as they are, so you guess…

My go to drum sample player is GA4 hands down. But I won’t upgrade for €99,-
I don’t need extra kits or MIDI patterns because I use GA to create those for my own music. :wink:
€49,- was an instant buy!

Well, €99 is very expensive for an upgrade of a €179 product!
It should be around €49-59…

Full GA4 owner, gonna pass this for now. Wake me up when you come up with a better offer…

Allright, it’s not just me.

Upgrading 3 versions (2 to 5) is only €20 more expensive than from 4 to 5,
by this logic I’ll wait for version 7 or buy a complete new license v6 or later and use v4.x on my other computer and still save €20.

Most logical would be: 4 to 5 €45, 3 to 5 €90, 2 to 5 €135.

I was very excited to see that Groove Agent 5 was finally released…

But what I have seen so far is disappointing (including the release videos on youtube). New feature(s) don’t seem to justify a jump to 5 and given the comments so far, I guess I am not alone in suggesting the price really is too high! Ok, so there is another acoustic kit… I am sure top notch recording and sound. But why force us to buy into another acoustic kit? Not every one needs yet another acoustic kit!

The features don’t really seem to blow any one away either… I am trying to make this comment as fair as possible, but it does seem like Steinberg just migrated the sampling feature from Halion to GA. For me the biggest drawback in GA is the Liliput style GUI. It’s been mentioned so many times before. It was even printed as a negative review point in a well known Music Magazine. The buttons on both Halion and GA are too tiny!!! The UI is quirky and everything but intuitive. These concerns are simply ignored. The only button that has doubled in size after the release of GA5 is the “Add to Cart” button on Steinberg’s new website! Just increase the size of the buttons by 3 mm, that would already help tremendously (same for the button sizes in Halion).

I was hoping that any regrets felt in comparing GA4 with Superior Drummer 3 would have vanished after the release of GA5. Unfortunately - in what I have seen so far - this doesn’t seem to be the case at all.

Skinny upgrade for way to high a price! It leaves me wondering: Is this the update users really asked for in Steinberg’s latest survey?

@ Maggie: The full version of GA 4 is 138 € at Thomann. Considering that there is a grace period for free upgrades to GA5 (for recent purchases of GA4), this makes the the theoretical price difference between the full version of GA5 (138 €) and upgrade (99 €) a total of only 38 €.

If you sold your existing license of GA4 for 80 € on the secondary market a week ago, subsequently bought a new full version of GA4 for 138 € then upgraded for free to GA5 within the grace period, you could have actually gotten the upgrade for 58 €.

That’s more like what people would be willing to pay, around 50 to 60 €.

99 Euro to Canadian is $147.85. I’m off the upgrade bus.

Agree - way too expensive (unless they are deliberately setting it high now and planning to drop it on Black Friday!) They must think we are all fools!

Resizing for me is to resize the buttons too.
The price? Maybe it’s correct if you’re a Steinberg employee, as a user … hm … no.

Toontrack: wait 'tll the black Friday week-deals come along, got mine at 40% off i think. You can also find SD2 fairly cheap on Ebay, did that and then upgraded to SD3. Addictive Drums2 is also quite good, simpler to use. XLN also offers 50% off usually one week around Christmas. Drawback is their ONLY online copy protection functionality, why i did not buy the full pack, just one quite good percussion kit. -F