VST 2 vs. VST3 versions of Neve Portico Plug-Ins

I see both versions are included. Is one more efficient than the other for the host computer?

vst3 use cpu only when they “works”

if switched on in prefs, that is…

Thanks for the replys.

If EQ or compression is used on a track throughout the entire length of the project are there any benefits/disadvantages between using the Portico VST 2 vs. VST 3 versions?

The reason I ask is the computer system I am using is approaching the limit when using multiple inserts of these plug-ins (along with everything else that is loaded in a given project). I’ve held off moving to a new Win7/Cubase6 system because all is well with the “old” system (XP/C5).

Thanks for the replys.

If EQ or compression is used on a track throughout the entire length of the project are there any benefits/disadvantages between using the Portico VST 2 vs. VST 3 versions?

The reason I ask is the computer system I am using is approaching the limit when using multiple inserts of these plug-ins (along with everything else that is loaded in a given project). I’ve held off moving to a new Win7/Cubase6 system because all is well with the “old” system (XP/C5).

It should make no difference at all.