Upgrade - an absolute rip off or not

I don’t entirely agree.

AAF support - I think may be handy, especially if trend goes that also midi clips are supported eventually.
SRC improved - finally, really nice. Now Cubase compares to competition.

Snapshot - halfbaked - not useful all the way through a project, I see one phase plugin swap can be helpful.
But no automation - what else is there you vary at end of finalizing a mix and go for details?

Latency monitor - half baked, compared to ProTools which also shows how much a particular track is delayed in current situation, and the track delay field available there as well together with C10-type info on latency of loaded stuff on track.

What I seriously miss to compare to ProTools
a) context sensitive help - offline. I’m never online while working with audio or post, nor is Cubase properly context oriented.
b) latency monitor - as a rack module as in PT.
And as you mute tracks, this should update until you are down to acceptable for a late recording.
Sometimes vocalists wants more than just the very basic things(full mix usually not needed).
c) professional level of support - like Avid and Waves have, and Waves in particular is outstanding
I posted a Steinberg ticket 10 days ago - still no response - and at best you get something in two months, then asking you to create a new ticket if problem still exist - what is that?
Three years ago I posted a bug report - carefully made up with examples - just thrown away. No sign of it - I only have first confirmation left - and posted this to Steinberg after a year, no interest what so ever to see what that was about obviously.
A year ago some other people started post the same stuff on forum - and got a CAN for it - still not fixed even said to be on todo list.
Today Mathias confirmed he would personally act on this and see what is going on.

Charge for supoort with a subscription then - but give us a choice - now there isn’t any.
4-5 years ago - you had attempts and quite good support actually,
Spreadsheet guys obviously saw that cost money - and removed it.

CP 9.5 was a killer update for me - proper pattern building for metronome, and there I feel developers really took the time to do a good job. Only DigitalPerformer compares, and to some degree Reaper.

Even features implemented I’m not in need of - but I see requested a lot on forum - that makes me a bit happy - Stein, does not mean Stone(well, it does actually), but listening to requests. There is a dialog, as also surveys of the last year or so - means having ears to the ground.