Steinberg - EUCON. Why are you ignoring Avid users?

A lot of those things I already have routed to my keyboard, so I’m not going to get any faster than a button that’s already where my fingers are.

For moving faders and plugin parameters, I just find that the level of complexity is just too high to justify putting it in a hardware control. Because often I find that I’m using 100-200 tracks in a project, and many of those tracks have several automation lanes active. It’s just easier to look at the automation as I change it and most of the time I draw in the automation. And for plug in parameters, there’s just so many parameters that it would be really confusing to map them all onto a hardware controller, unless the hardware controller was like a perfect replication of the software but just in hardware form (which it’s not).

I feel like perhaps it would be more useful with holder and more simplified synths and plugins; but today’s vsti’s have so many variables (of which I use nearly all of them often) that it just wouldn’t make sense. It’s easier to edit in the actual software, plus I save on money and set up space which also means my workflow is less dependent and I’m able to easily travel and produce without any set backs.

Just my opinion though. To each their own.