Audio mixdown to video

+1

I hope Cubase 10 will show the way today…

I hope not and this will be a Nuendo exclusive Feature. Otherwise there will be little to no reason to use Nuendo over Cubase. They already got the Edit Mode / Virtual Reality / AAF and Audio Alignment as Nuendo features with Cubase 10 now.

I do not agree with that, I’m just waiting for Steinberg to continue inventing new post-production features for Nuendo to justify its price in relation to Cubase. So I’m not devastated when I see that Cubase is growing because I like to believe that new things will happen on Nuendo to allow it to maintain his lead.
It’s dumb to have a software that allows you to make music for the image but does not allow you to do an export of your work, it feels like you are using a trial version of Cubase or Nuendo… even basic DAWs have that feature.

Another request here. This is something I use daily and currently have to go to another machine and work with Videoslave. Not the end of the world but slows down my workflow would vastly prefer to do it as an export step in Nuendo!

Hi guys,

This is not an advertisement but I feel you pain… The 3rd party plugin like vidplayvst can render the audio into the video on the fly. I use this plugin all the time and can be a temp solution for the poor Nuendo video engine… I’m currently using Reaper for the better video engine…

I might remember this wrong, but I was under the impression that mix-to-video is coming in a later version that will be paid.

I’ve found Resolve to be a good software and I’ve used it to lay back audio to video. Obviously it’s jumping through an extra hoop, but on the flip-side of things it allows for batch renders.

On that note: I’m absolutely shocked at the efficiency and speed at which Blackmagic Design is spitting out software updates. For an actually professional software that’s free it’s absolutely astounding.

WORK around when you have to export a small piece of video and audio on timeline or multiple small videos. OBS Studio, fantastic free software for video captures, works surprisingly well without killing performance on CPU, provided you have a decent system to handle it. Its quite fast to just record down some clips to showcase, especially if its just for showcasing or reference. Though I still hope we get video / audio rending to CYCLE markers soon.

Sagigal, thank you for this link. I downloaded the ToolKit a week or so ago, and have used it to create clips for the feature I’m working on, and it is great. Fast and effective. I do wish there were documentation in regards to the conversion quality options, but beggars can’t be choosers. I’m on a Mac, and it would be fun to have that option to open up straight from the export page, but whatever…

So useful. Thanks!

Chewy

+10000000

This absolutely needs to happen!!! The company I work for does advert sound and we send at least 10 videos a day with work in progresses. Its insane that even MIDI gets more love than post production.

For this I use XMedia Recode (it´s Freeware!)
highly recommended by steinberg mods and postpro guys.
XMedia Recode converts many other audio/film formats, you can edit movies, it has batch converting… and much more.

https://www.xmedia-recode.de/en/formate.html

(Windows only)

EDIT:
sorry, this has already been posted here.

this thread started 5 years ago… I’m laughing as to not cry

No it didn’t.

hahaha thank god. Knew I couldn’t have read that right

You’re welcome Chewy,
Documentation might be available in the future but for now If you hover the cursor over any control you’ll get the control’s help ‘tooltip’ describing it.
To run MediaER as Post Process in Steinberg’s ‘Export Audio Mixdown’ Window you can download this: https://goo.gl/8aEgbA

You’ll find easy instructions inside for both Mac and Windows:)

Sagigal…

It worked! I was scratching my head for a moment, but then created an “Audio Export Post Process Scripts” folder and it showed up… thanks. Looking forward to playing around with this.

Chewy

Progress?

Nuendo 10 is coming with VIDEO RENDERING on MARCH 20.22 :wink:

I knew this year would be better

Yes, but only being previewed at GDC March 20 - 22. Release is said to be planned for sometime in Q2 2019. However, there’s some posts around from Timo Wildenhain, stating Video Rendering will not be in the initial release and is scheduled for a v10.2 update.

That could mean the second of two planned maintenance updates (10.1 and 10.2) and there’s usually around 4 - 6 weeks between updates…

All of which says, if N10 initial release is in June (its possible.!), you might actually see Video Rendering in Nuendo 10 by around late July - August 2019. Set your expectations there; if it turns out earlier, then its a great big nice surprise.!!

:slight_smile: