Halion Sonic 3 Missing Instruments & Presets

I hear you on moving the libraries around.

The good news on this front is Steinberg seems to be listening. They now provide an easier way to move content around to different drives for people who are not comfortable working with file system links/aliases/shortcuts.

The newest Steinberg Library Manager has nice utilities to ‘batch move’ content to any location you like. The only major ‘gatcha’ I ran into when exploring the latest version of this tool happens the first time I launch Cubase. It begins to ask for the location(s) of things that I moved. It’s a bit of a pain because it asks for the new location of each vstsound archive one by one. I ‘think’ the thing to do in this case is just hit ‘remove’ for each invalid link. It ‘seems’ to me like it only has to do with Mediabay stuff for Cubase (the ability to grab samples and such out of a vstsound container from ‘unlocked layers’ directly into Cubase tracks…or to drag and drop such things among different plugins in Cubase directly from the Cubase Mediabay). It doesn’t seem to break HALion in any way by simply ‘removing’ them upon starting Cubase the first time after moving a bunch of content. Cubase eventually rescans it all properly into Mediabay again automatically (depending upon what all you allow it to keep tabs on).