Cubase 10, Windows 10 and multi-core (14+ cores)

Fabio, can you please clarify exactly what this change should or shouldn’t allow? Exactly how many computational threads are allowed now? Can a large scale CPU be expected to be used fully? eg. AMD Ryzen Threadripper 2990WX with 32 core and 64 thread? Or is this just a “fix” to throttle Cubase so it only uses a certain percent of the available threads and no dropouts occur?

If this is not a total fix and still won’t allow full use of large processors like that, is it expected there will ever be a “full fix”? The number of cores and threads available to us grows every year. Some of us are running synths or plugins that require a high CPU single thread, and thus we need these processes spread out among all our cores (with or without multithreading enabled).

Microsoft claims to have been working closely with you on this issue for over 10 months now:
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/windows-10-limits-max-number-32-of-threads-with/e3a47fc2-9547-4fea-b830-042a552f56a9

So I can only hope you have found a total solution between the two of your companies. Otherwise, I would like to know what you suggest people do long term in order to fully use these big processors. If this is expected to work with Cubase fully, I will order one of these processors and can post test results in a few weeks. But I need to be clear on what to actually expect. I don’t want to buy a $2000+ processor for $800 worth of performance.