I am not paid to be the beta tester

This is definitely true, but so what???

• Iā€™ve been working on the Cubase program since its beginning - the Atari version.
  • I use it professionally in the studio for every day use
    And now, only after buying the new [10] version I encounter SO MANY problems like never before [problems described by other this forum users - so I think it would be no use to desribe them by myself]
    But Steinberg policy - NO REACTION to such amount problems - itā€™s like A BIG F*CK to us :frowning:

Lack of general reaction to such a large amount of described problems - THIS THE MAIN ISSUE here.

ā€˜Happyā€™ -STEVE- wrote about my ā€œneed to register my discontent than my happinessā€ - yes Steve - THIS IS THE PROBLEM of a guy like me who bought the upgrade, ā€˜wanted to be happyā€™ - but everyday I find crashes or other strange Cubase behaviors DURING the session with my clients. My clients donā€™t understand what we are talking about on this forum - they just pay me for the job done. And the most important thing - they just donā€™t care - they only want me to do my job on time.

So Steinnberg - I donā€™t care; I paid and I want at least the information - when YOU WILL DO YOUR JOB DONE and give us the fixed version!

the INFORMATION - is the KEY word

You can do two things:

1. Dodge the complaints, think your DAW is a professional product and fool yourself.
  2. Solve the bugs and stop avoiding the more than justified complaints of your customers.

Choose your option and Iā€™ll choose mine when you release the next update in 2019.
I am not a beta tester and I donā€™t pretend to be either.

I was responding to a post above mine:

I almost moved up from 9.5 and thought Iā€™d wait to see how bad the bugs were. Iā€™m seeing way to many complaints like this thread and am glad I didnt waste the $150 to upgrade.

Note that Steinberg employees have that bit of info displayed in their sig or profile, which I donā€™t, so yelling at me will not help. :wink: Iā€™ve been using Cubase for a couple decades, and participating here for half as longā€¦ upon each release there is an outpouring of complaints from early adopters, smaller threads with folks saying how well theyā€™re getting on with the update, a topic calling on folks to be wise and not try to do production work in the new point-zero update, till they see what it breaks in their workflow, and somebody saying what Iā€™m saying now. Itā€™s as predictable as gravity.

Itā€™s perfectly fine, this is a customer forum, and people should feel ā€˜safeā€™ posting complaints, and the company should listen. And thatā€™s what I have to say about this. :smiley:

Wellā€¦ Iā€™m installing 9.5 now

How much time is left to receive an update approximately?

to -STEVE-

As I said: INFORMATION is the KEY word.
There has never been such a flood of bugs before.
And this is the field where Steinberg failed all along the line.
So many dissatisfied customers waiting for the news about the maintenance updateā€¦
I have been running my business for 25 years - so I am aware that such behavior may lead to customer loss and company collapse. It seems to me that Steinberg does not know such obvious thingsā€¦
Very disappointing.
All the more that I persuaded about 30 fellow musicians to buy Cubase.
:frowning:

:confused:

100% Agreed. I donā€™t pay money to become a tester, I pay to buy working soft. Every version has come along with tons of bugs starting off version 1. Stupid as Iā€™m still sticked with cubase - but from 15 years experience this is the worst version without any single actual upgrade, several things have been downgraded.

I have tried so hard to ignore all the bugs and many issues I faced with this upgrade but every day there are new problemsā€¦I am not going to bother going through them all again as I have mentioned them many times in various threads, suffice to say that I too have been a faithful Cubase user for decades and I feel really let down by this latest version which to be honest, should never have hit he streets without a full- FULL- F U LL! proper test with different systems. Just feels like a rush job to get it out there and get some money in.

I still work every day with it but every day new problems come up, so much so, that I will have to go back to 9.5 as my projects are starting to suffer with the bugs, crashes, and so many other issues .
Steinberg/Yamaha have really stuffed all their customers (and themselves) with this one.
Judging by the amount of issues, they really have their work cut out for them as they have unleashed a myriad of worms from more than one can. This will be no easy fix and will take months even years to sort out, so donā€™t hold your breath peeps.

I imagine if and when it is sorted, it will be a good software but for now, it needs to get back onto the drawing board and be re-written and ironed out as they have gone very much astray from what used to be the incredible and stable Cubase that I know and love.

I got a feeling that there are like a underground movement. Been faithful to cubase for my whole career and sure there has been times where upgrades been buggy and things havnt been that smooth. But back in the days at least they tried to give information and estimates etc. Bot the last decade its been on a down spiral. Seems like a lottery to get help by support, almost like they sit and pick the ones that have fast fixes but remain silent if there are real problems.

I had big expectation before this and even if i for the first time didnt upgrade on day one, I read the post about all problems people have with the upgrade i thought i how bad can i be. So u jumped on the BETA wagon and bought itā€¦ AGAINā€¦

I could say, damn you never learn. Sure i can go back and continue to work with the last stable and working setup/version but thats not the problem here. The problem is when i company rely on the fan base to do the job for them. If all users didnt buy the upgrade i wonder how long Stenberg would last cause it seem pretty clear that their beta test team (if they have any other then all users), and developing team cant keep the time frame for each version. The timeline between a bug free version and the release of a new ā€œupgradeā€ is becoming shorter and shorter.

There are so many things that i have suppressed because im in the cubase fan base, always talking about how good it is and so on, probably sold a 100 of them for Steinberg just by recommendations. But now im so sick and tired of this crap and it really hurts since i just bought HAlion 6 and upgraded to groove agent 5. And we all know how they work at this time.

The biggest pain is my personal work. Studio work i can always work in some other DAW to handle the situation cause there are options there. But for my personal songwriting it aint. I have hundreds of songs written over the years in cubase plus thousand short ideas. So moving to another DAW will take a lifetime to do. I take time with my songs and even if i dont sell or release all ideas it may still be useful to open up and add or remove musical ideas when they pop up in my head. And i will for sure not get coins im my pocket by doing workaround to get things working.

Im getting so damn angry when they cant even release something that is working with what people have done in the previous version. That should be mandatory and a good damn priority instead of implanting things that dont even work anyway. So im stuck, painted myself into a corner. So for the first time i really feel its time to move on and leave for something else. Its not good to get emotional if you wanna be creative and even worse if you need to a living from your music. Paying for fixing a companyā€™s flagship is just nutsā€¦

Patience is one thing, stupidity is another. Sure ā€œrelax, they will sort it outā€ is something ive seen and heard before. AGAIN, that not the point. They need to look things over or they will loose their fan base, gradually. Saying that without knowing if they have grown in new sales or not but more and more people i talk to are unhappy over how things are handled by Steinberg.

I cant support this any longer cause i cant make a living as a paying beta tester. I will go back to the last working configuration and setup. Stop by from time to time to read up on whats going on. But buying new plugins or upgrades from Steinberg will stop from now on. At least until i can see that they actually cares about their users by responding and let people know whats going on. Right now they are like a 1 hour track of silence that you hope and wonder if you will be able to hear something on.

To bad, the company that thought i would be faithful to for my whole life aint the company i learnt to love. To many hits in the face is not healthy for a good relationā€¦ well i shut up nowā€¦ just had to get things of my chestā€¦ be safe all and good luckā€¦

Isnā€™t it ironic how a Japanese company is a parent to a company that never feels ashamed no matter how they screw up.

Iā€™ll be waiting for first maintenance patch before I take the plunge thenā€¦

Always the best idea!

Same here. Iā€™m very pragmatic when it comes to these things. Big version names come with bigger changes so i give them room to adjust. 9.5 works perfect here so no need to rush at all. Next 2 updates and iā€™m in !

9.5 works great here too. 10 not soo much. Never had much problems until now.

Cubase 9 to 9.5 worked really well! And now with 9.5 to 10 I experience crashes when using Antares pluginsā€¦ It works in Windows 8 compatibility but the experience feels clunky because of that.

I own two licenses for Cubase Pro 10, which I have basically owned and upgrade every time since version 4.x.

I spent the last few days trying to figure out what broke after Windows 10 upgrade happened. Wellā€¦I turned off Hyperthreading and now Cubase 10 Pro works fine again. I think the bugs, this time around, are stemming in the attempt to code around the cpu core limitations. At first glance, it seemed to work. Then Microsoft patch installed and now it is poo again.

Anyway, I am still a loyal customer, but I am not happy with the way things are being done. I would prefer to pay an annual maintenance fee, like i do for Waves, and then dont upgrade until it is really an upgrade. These version upgrades and buggy new features, just for Version revenue is not working, and never has. Always a slew of bugs and stuff going wrong fighting OS upgrades, etc. Nothing gets fixed and you end up with another round of bugs from the ā€œnewā€ bells and whistles. It is frustrating.

Looks like a too quick done version, just to get a bit cashā€¦ as ever nowā€¦
They even didnā€™t took the time to translate manualsā€¦

Been using Steinberg software since 1992, I donā€™t think Iā€™ve ever been so tempted to moving onto another DAW till now. SO MANY PROBLEMS with Cubase 10, itā€™s ridiculous!

I hope we dont get to pay to get a working versionā€¦

I contacted Steinberg support a week ago and no response very disappointed, I canā€™t use Cubase 10 too many bugs crashes sound issues I thought it was just me until I checked out this forum and see loads of people having similar issues. Steinberg sort it out ASAP and release a update so we can use the software.