Cubase 10, Windows 10 and multi-core (14+ cores)

I’ve been doing more tests during the weekend and I must say that, yes, according to the ASIO loads, there’s an improvement of about 5-10% between Cubase 9.5 and 10 in my system, which is indeed nice. However, as I said before, even with this gain in performance, I still can’t work reliably with hyperthreading activated due to the real-time glitches.

Well, nothing really esoteric I guess: 8-10 instances of Kontakt with single instruments, a couple of TAL-U-NO-LX, a couple of Reaktor ensembles… and, for effects, mainly Sountoys and Waves, being the NLS the most used plugin, as it’s almost in every track.

To be honest I don’t really know, as I don’t usually check the real-time peak meter while working on projects, and the average load has always stayed very steady with hyperthreading disabled. But you may be right, I’ll recheck the ASIO Guard status per plugin, just to be sure.

Yes, all the usual optimizations in BIOS and Windows are done, and all the drivers are updated. I even exchanged my good but old Nvidia GT-640 graphic card with a more modern Nvidia model, and also with a Radeon card, but they didn’t make a big difference in real-time performance for Cubase. All these tests were made when I purchased the 5960x machine a couple of years ago, and just before I finally decided to disable hyperthreading for the time being and call it a day, as the computer performs well enough for my needs.