Beginner's Guide updated to 2.2

I’ve updated the Beginner’s Guide to reflect the changes in 2.2. I didn’t include every new feature, like importing tempo tracks and the music symbols editor, because I wanted to keep the scope limited so it could be a good introduction for new users. I updated screenshots as well, when appropriate.

Here is the updated guide:

And here’s a version that includes the 2.2 updates in highlights. There are also some additions I included for functionality that pre-dated 2.2, but that I thought should be added:

Corrections or suggestions welcome, as always.

Thanks, Dan!

I wish all the companies that send me Revised Terms of Use and the like would do what you have so courteously done: highlight the changes.

Well done, Dan.

Thank you Dan!

Great work Dan. :slight_smile:

John.

Thank you very much, Dan! This document is one that Dorico should pay you for and should include with every new purchase of Dorico.

Ha! Thanks, but I’m just happy to do it. And I learn something every time. Just today I learned that you can remove a tremolo on a note by Shift-R, 0. It’s a strange sort of pastime, I admit…

Wow! This is incredible. When you first announced this project I smugly thought, “I don’t need that. I’m not really a beginner.”

I was wrong. I DO need it, beginner or not. And you have done it incredibly well. That you.

–LB

Thanks a lot for this, Dan. Great work!

Dan, Kudos on this wonderful guide. I noticed a correction that is needed:
Page 60 under Master Pages:

“Default Full Score—Default: all subsequent pages in a part layout”

should read “all subsequent pages in a full score layout”

Thanks!