DAW controller that works with Cubase

Dude… I own the hardware, and the software that goes with it does not crash Cubase!

Now, maybe the IPad app does crash, or even causes Cubase to crash… as I said before, I don’t use the IPad app, so I don’t know!

But, I do take issue with your false equivalency that you can equate the functionality, and quality of all AVID software, based your experience with just the IPad app.

Just to prove what I’m saying… by your analogy: Windows Millennium “sucked”, so everything released by Microsoft “sucks!” You may believe that to be true with all the passion you can muster, but in my opinion you’d be WRONG!

The OP asked a very simple question, with a few guidelines:

I do not wish to further derail this thread, so I’ll say this… The AVID Artist Series Controllers have been around for many years, and are close to the end of their lifecycle (according to AVID). What that means is that there is a wealth of info… good, and bad available on the internet, and yes… also YouTube!

There are not only commercials, but also very informative tutorials on how to setup and use these devices… even in Cubase!

As I said earlier… It will not be a walk in the park! These very flexible devices are designed to be used on many different DAW platforms, as well as MAC, or PC.

The actual functionality in a specific DAW is actually implemented by each DAW designers software called “EuCon Adapters”. These adapters interface with AVID’s EuCon software called “EuControl” which empowers the hardware surfaces.

All of this communication happens through an Ethernet connection, which can be the source of many headaches, if you don’t setup your network properly!

@ “Cubace” The suggestion to try YouTube was for your benefit, not mine!

I already know how powerful these devices can be through experience, but you have a nice day just the same! :slight_smile:

AL