I am not paid to be the beta tester

I got a feeling that there are like a underground movement. Been faithful to cubase for my whole career and sure there has been times where upgrades been buggy and things havnt been that smooth. But back in the days at least they tried to give information and estimates etc. Bot the last decade its been on a down spiral. Seems like a lottery to get help by support, almost like they sit and pick the ones that have fast fixes but remain silent if there are real problems.

I had big expectation before this and even if i for the first time didnt upgrade on day one, I read the post about all problems people have with the upgrade i thought i how bad can i be. So u jumped on the BETA wagon and bought it… AGAIN…

I could say, damn you never learn. Sure i can go back and continue to work with the last stable and working setup/version but thats not the problem here. The problem is when i company rely on the fan base to do the job for them. If all users didnt buy the upgrade i wonder how long Stenberg would last cause it seem pretty clear that their beta test team (if they have any other then all users), and developing team cant keep the time frame for each version. The timeline between a bug free version and the release of a new “upgrade” is becoming shorter and shorter.

There are so many things that i have suppressed because im in the cubase fan base, always talking about how good it is and so on, probably sold a 100 of them for Steinberg just by recommendations. But now im so sick and tired of this crap and it really hurts since i just bought HAlion 6 and upgraded to groove agent 5. And we all know how they work at this time.

The biggest pain is my personal work. Studio work i can always work in some other DAW to handle the situation cause there are options there. But for my personal songwriting it aint. I have hundreds of songs written over the years in cubase plus thousand short ideas. So moving to another DAW will take a lifetime to do. I take time with my songs and even if i dont sell or release all ideas it may still be useful to open up and add or remove musical ideas when they pop up in my head. And i will for sure not get coins im my pocket by doing workaround to get things working.

Im getting so damn angry when they cant even release something that is working with what people have done in the previous version. That should be mandatory and a good damn priority instead of implanting things that dont even work anyway. So im stuck, painted myself into a corner. So for the first time i really feel its time to move on and leave for something else. Its not good to get emotional if you wanna be creative and even worse if you need to a living from your music. Paying for fixing a company’s flagship is just nuts…

Patience is one thing, stupidity is another. Sure “relax, they will sort it out” is something ive seen and heard before. AGAIN, that not the point. They need to look things over or they will loose their fan base, gradually. Saying that without knowing if they have grown in new sales or not but more and more people i talk to are unhappy over how things are handled by Steinberg.

I cant support this any longer cause i cant make a living as a paying beta tester. I will go back to the last working configuration and setup. Stop by from time to time to read up on whats going on. But buying new plugins or upgrades from Steinberg will stop from now on. At least until i can see that they actually cares about their users by responding and let people know whats going on. Right now they are like a 1 hour track of silence that you hope and wonder if you will be able to hear something on.

To bad, the company that thought i would be faithful to for my whole life aint the company i learnt to love. To many hits in the face is not healthy for a good relation… well i shut up now… just had to get things of my chest… be safe all and good luck…