I am not paid to be the beta tester

Isn’t it ironic how a Japanese company is a parent to a company that never feels ashamed no matter how they screw up.

I’ll be waiting for first maintenance patch before I take the plunge then…

Always the best idea!

Same here. I’m very pragmatic when it comes to these things. Big version names come with bigger changes so i give them room to adjust. 9.5 works perfect here so no need to rush at all. Next 2 updates and i’m in !

9.5 works great here too. 10 not soo much. Never had much problems until now.

Cubase 9 to 9.5 worked really well! And now with 9.5 to 10 I experience crashes when using Antares plugins… It works in Windows 8 compatibility but the experience feels clunky because of that.

I own two licenses for Cubase Pro 10, which I have basically owned and upgrade every time since version 4.x.

I spent the last few days trying to figure out what broke after Windows 10 upgrade happened. Well…I turned off Hyperthreading and now Cubase 10 Pro works fine again. I think the bugs, this time around, are stemming in the attempt to code around the cpu core limitations. At first glance, it seemed to work. Then Microsoft patch installed and now it is poo again.

Anyway, I am still a loyal customer, but I am not happy with the way things are being done. I would prefer to pay an annual maintenance fee, like i do for Waves, and then dont upgrade until it is really an upgrade. These version upgrades and buggy new features, just for Version revenue is not working, and never has. Always a slew of bugs and stuff going wrong fighting OS upgrades, etc. Nothing gets fixed and you end up with another round of bugs from the “new” bells and whistles. It is frustrating.

Looks like a too quick done version, just to get a bit cash… as ever now…
They even didn’t took the time to translate manuals…

Been using Steinberg software since 1992, I don’t think I’ve ever been so tempted to moving onto another DAW till now. SO MANY PROBLEMS with Cubase 10, it’s ridiculous!

I hope we dont get to pay to get a working version…

I contacted Steinberg support a week ago and no response very disappointed, I can’t use Cubase 10 too many bugs crashes sound issues I thought it was just me until I checked out this forum and see loads of people having similar issues. Steinberg sort it out ASAP and release a update so we can use the software.

I totally can relate to this, having used Cubase since v2 on Atari. What annoys me most is that Cubase 10 is superb on my computer - for the 20 minutes or so I can use it before the elicenser software decides that the elicenser doesn´t exist anymore and crashes it. Currently using a well known competitor DAW which is ok even though I very much prefer Cubase. I also miss the Steinberg instruments as well, especially Halion. I can use those for about 20 minutes in the other daw - until elicenser stops it (doesn´t crash the software though). My support ticket is 40 days and counting without a reply.

I downloaded the Trial. FWIW, why not just go back to the 9,5 version? Hopefully folks knew enough to leave your 9.5 alone? I have 9.5.4.1, and the Trial 10 (with the .0.10 update. The only issue I’m having is Auto Align is buggy…in fact just doesn’t work correctly. Support has verified this as an issue. (Mac OS 10.13.6 2018 iMac I7 4.2 gig/32 gig ram.)

Has there been a fix to Auto Align in the newest update? (0.15)??

Mac OS 10.13.6

Greetings –

The OP of this thread is asking for a refund. I don’t want a refund. I do think the company owes the licensees some kind of make-good and an affirmatively corrected version of Cubase Pro 10. What I’d really like is a corrected version of Cubase Pro 9.5, which is what Cubase Pro 10 should have been.

In other words, add what we like of Pro 10 to Pro 9.5 – it isn’t much. Take away all the Pro 10 things that 1) we don’t like, 2) don’t work. Issue an apology and then get busy with the corrections. Admitting a mistake will earn far more loyalty and respect than anything else.

I’m using Pro 9.5 (even with its “known issues.”). Pro 10, for me, has some “good ideas” wrapped up in poor, even sloppy execution. I really don’t know what I paid for. I started with Cubase Pro 8, moved to Pro 9.5 – it was getting better. I was hopeful Pro 10 would be a logical next step with important and noticeable improvements, but, sadly, that is not the case.

Favorite functions (right-click power user menu) were removed, overall functionality was reduced, the look is unattractive – less Pro looking, more hobbyist look. We’re pitched “Modern Look” and then given a GUI that looks like an early version of MS-Word. There’s no side-chain button the Rack in Pro 10 (again, it’s the little things, lots of them). Transport bar, toolbox, right click power-user menus, white menus all over the place, broken hit points, buggy instruments GUIs (you made some of my favorite instruments more difficult, if not impossible to use, you made your own Beat Designer impossible to assign notes to – white menus, channel racks on a real desk are rectangular, not Gucci bag round). Make the Racks look and work more like the best of the Yamaha or other mixing desks. Bring that kind of design into this product.

I could say more, but I won’t. Others in this thread and all around the board have said many of the same things I might have and brought up even more issues (known and unknown).

There’s nothing personal here. but I feel bad for us and I feel bad for the company. No one hits a home run every time at bat. Sometimes you strike out. Right now Pro 10 is out. I’d like to use it, I’m still trying to “give it a chance.” But, I should be loving and raving about it. I’m not. it just isn’t working for me – both functions and looks aren’t doing it for me.

I could use Pro 9.5 forever and be happy with it (even with its known issues).

I’ll pay for corrections, improvements, needed features, I won’t pay for hype.

Signed,

A Disappointed Cubase Fan

Exactly!
I have been on Cubase since 1995. In the past there have been big changes that have involved a learning curve but you could almost always see the point. There was thought behind the developers decisions and a clear path to a more streamlined work flow.
The right click power menu is a prime example of a poor decision made for the wrong reasons. Something looking less cluttered is not a good reason to reduce productivity.
Give the users the option to customise their power menu, let us choose exactly what we see when we right click, that’s a move forward. Just removing functionality is not!
Direct offline processing is still something that doesn’t work flawlessly. If I am batch processing multiple files with once process and then processing half the files with one plugin and the other half with a different plugin it often gets confused.
If I want to do a pitch rise on a number of concurrent files with each file being a semi tone above the last I now need to set the shift for each file individually. Previously select all, set to plus one semitone and keep processing over and over again removing the first file in the series each time. Yes I could load the sample in to a sampler but if I’m just cutting a vocal and want a few steps up towards a build it is now slower.
I have defended Cubase so many times over the years, Steinberg have always been at the front of new technologies but now they seem to be making huge backwards steps.
It feels like they want to change things as an excuse to create a new upgrade or to justify their price.
I’ve asked for a refund for my recent upgrade and have been denied, if they fix the issues I would happily pay again but at the moment I am staying in 9.5 and considering moving to a different DAW. If they stay on this path C11 will be even worse.
I have recently been taken on as mix engineer for one of the biggest dance music producers out there. My work load had increased 3 fold, I need my software to work and work well.
I saw a post where someone from Steinberg said these decisions were made after talking to users, I would love to know what users. I spend 8-14 hours a day on Cubase.
Rant!

Could you please give an example or link to another post about white menus? I want to make sure we are addressing the same issue. Thanks!

Well said. I’d still “defend” Cubase myself, because, even while Ver Pro 10 may have these issues we’ve all been talking about, it’s still Cubase Pro, a powerful music production suite. I think the company will respond and will make the corrections we’ve all indicated are needed. They certainly have the models for what better would be – leading mixing desks including the amazing Yamaha desks, for example, are what our Racks should look like, i.e., professional looking, not fashion-week looking.

The dark side. I also think there are operatives that appear from time to time who are on a mission to slam the competition, but the honest criticism of what’s been done with Pro 10 is not about that. This is a situation where loyal, long-term users, like you and so many others are putting some serious matters on the table. I still use Cubase everyday. I don’t have your workload, but it really matters to me. If my workload were to increase, and it seems likely it will, all these things will matter all the more.

I don’t operate Protools, but I’ve seen so many demonstrations of tracking/mixing technique using it, I think I’d be able to get up to speed on it in a relatively short time (couple of months at most). I’ve never felt the need for it, before now. I started with Voyetra Seq Gold on the C-1 (Yamaha music computer), moved up to Cakewalk, to Sonar, then jumped into Cubase with ver Pro 8.0. I do hope they turn this around. If they don’t, I may be reluctantly forced to move on.

Good luck with your work. Pro 9.5 is a great DAW. I think Pro 10 will be corrected and it does have some good concepts. Let’s hope things get worked out to the satisfaction of professionals like you and everyone else who has posted in this and related threads.

I’m not abandoning Cubase; I feel it’s more the other way around right now.

Greg, here’s three examples, 1. Beat Design. I’ve loaded an unmodified factory kit, I’d like to add some other pads and need to map them to keys – see screen. What I’m calling a “white menu” appears and the user must scroll over for the items to show. This must be done each and every time a new note is to be assigned. 2. ArpacheSX, “white menu” appears in preset drop down. 3. Transformer Metagrid Macros, white menu." There may be other places where this issue appears, but I can’t remember where they are at the moment. Basically in many places where a drop down list of presets appears, the “white menu” shows up. It was even worse before the most recent corrections release, but still persists.

As far as I can tell, in all cases, the functions do work after rolling the mouse over and selecting. But, the “white menus” issue makes it nearly impossible to use these items. A newbie with this would be really stumped.

It’s not only Cubase 10 that’s rubbish, so are the UR44 sound cards, Made the mistake of buying 2 of them and even after the latest update the processor noise whenever I move the mouse or do anything is completely unacceptable. .Plugged in my old soundcard and it’s perfect, so I would like my money back as well. If you buy anything in a shop that doesn’t work you return it and get a refund so why not here.
Cubase 10 also doesn’t show the GUI on waves sibilance but does on 9.5 and pushing z doesn’t enlarge the track. I expect one or two bugs but this is ridiculous.