VST Connect musicians willing to collaborate gather here.

Hopefully they will add a main room when logged in so we can post projects public for people to click to apply to join in realtime.
Maybe a music player |> icon that lets people click to hear a latest project mixdown.

Atm it seems like that focused on charging money before it even has a user base, and pricey too.

I will throw my hat into the ring.

I am also willing, but from what I’ve gone through for the past two weeks, I’m not even sure if VST Connect works.

As an experiment, I have gotten one laptop on my phones hotspot to connect to my studio rig. It shows both connected, I see video from both but no audio…

Two and a half hours later today, again no audio can be recorded. I do see the laptop mic coming into the VST Connect recording mixer. On the Performer Rec track is has the VST Connect in the routing. The input channel VST Connect shows the VST Connect SE plugin as an insert.

If I am missing something, I’d love for someone to point it out.

It cannot be this complicated. I also have gone through the entire process with a musician in the Nashville area…same result.

Anyone have ideas why it’s not working?

Rick

Awesome! Im an Aussie and can certainly help out with the rock ones. Emailed!

Looking to do some collaborative work with this.

I write tons of songs, play guitar ok, sing ok, got a bass. If someone wants to do a original song that would be great.

Styles: Rock, pop, acoustic, rap… no problems at all.

Cubase Elements 9.5(windows 10) and Cubasis 2(iPad). Both full versions with amplitude full versions.

Here is two incomplete little songs i did last week and bronx was done on a plane…if anyone can also do mixing mastering?

1. Hello_Heaven Dropbox - Hello_Heaven.m4a - Simplify your life
  2. Bronx Dropbox - File Deleted

I’m working from a PC in Seattle to a Mac in London and it’s working ok. I’ve had to work through some bugs but it’s working. I have full remote access ability with my own server here in Seattle working as Geekpros.net. I’m willing to Colaborate with musicians. I’m an IT person so I can even make it so the musician doesn’t have to lift many fingers - as I can remote into the performer and move the mouse and do all that work for them. They just plug in the instrument and adjust the volume. I have one video right now on youtube just look up Seattle to London Cubase. My contact info is in the video.

is this feature dead ?
shame no one is using it , maybe if we could just give it a go maybe Steinberg would invest time and money into getting it working out of the box and a more user friendly interface
cloud and cloud tech is here to stay so lets use it
I am looking for some one to walk me through the setup initial phase
collaborate on ideas to get things working

goal is to set up a partnership of writing /recording/ production al in the cloud

I am 55 years old I play guitar and sing for a living (40 years on stage this year ….jeeeeeeeeez where did my hair go lol)

Electric guitar is my main thing but will play acoustic as well , as most git players I do play a little bass ( but as most bass players will tell you … that’s not your job haha)

I sing , I write I play … but above all I love it love it love it to be creative.

I am British and living in Europe (Germany) for the last 30 years
if you are like minded and would like to give this a try …
pm me or look for aghud in the Transit profile search
see ya in the cloud
T

If you want to collaborate, you should use VST Transit instead of VST Connect, the latter dedicated to online recording, the first for on- or offline collaboration on projects.

I did say "pm me or look for aghud in the Transit profile search "
: )

Im Ready :slight_smile:
www.grzegorzstasiuk.pl

Sounds interesting :sunglasses:

would like to get a friendly guinea pig who wants to spent some time to figure this out … :slight_smile:
please pm, and then we find a common date and time to check things out.
I’ll give you a good hug for the effort. :slight_smile:

i have a studio but it is not on the world wide web. I do have a connection in my home though.
So for me it is looking for a case if and how it can be usefull to do the investment.
I have tried it together with a (lended out) system that is also my own, but it failed.
So therefore the question.

i have everything installed but first attempts were “can not connect mainly because it was not allowed on the slave” or vice versa.
We both were connected to the steinberg site with legal licenses, but to no avail.
There was a suggestion on the forum of using pre sale software, but that isn’t the case i think.
I just use the software from the steinberg website.

Being able to work over the web with cubase would be great.
But it has to function.
So therefore this warm question for some time of you, some day, at some places on this globe.
And it is fun to meet someone who you do not know. :slight_smile:

kind regards,
R.

could you pls be more specific about what you do, what you expect, and what doesn’t work? You are running Cubase with VST Connect and try to connect to somebody else using the VST Connect Performer application, right? You do know that you cannot connect two Cubase instances, right? The message you describe does not exist within VST Connect (incl. Performer), so pls describe as precise as possible.

i am checking things with steve now. Next session tomorrow.
From me to the world is ok on both sides, the other way around not, so my guess is the incoming request with it’s permits gets blocked when requested from somewhere else on the planet.
It’s not steinberg, but probably specific internet connection, but as i said still pending and i will report back.
@ musicullum, if you are sb, it would be nice to have a german collegue as a guinea pig. :-p pleas pm
one who can look a bit further in to connections and the way they should behave.

kind regards,
R.

to add on to it. It is solvable.
Teamviewer and many other are able to connect in both ways.
So something is banging a defence wall i guess.

first, try the latest versions on connectvst.com. second, repeated, in order to get any idea what you are talking about, we need the precise text of the message that is shown in case of error.

sorry, VST Connect is “one on one” only.

Hey Ive added you as a friend on VST Performer. Hopefully we can connect up on a test project? Keen to try. Cheers. Al

Hey. Im on Cubase 10 (live in Scotland). Fnacy giving Connect and performer a go with me? havent found anyone to test it on yet lol. You interested?

hi Larry - what help do you need ? Musicians ?

if you’re after musicians you might get better visibility in one of the other forums ? This forum seems to be more focused on the technical side…and of course if you have any issued then please do post :slight_smile:

(welcome to the forum too)