Rename Plug-ins

+1

+1 rename or alias. Don’t need it for all plugins but when you do need it it’s very helpful.

+1

[cough]bump[/cough]

A quick update for anyone going for the afore-mentioned work-around of renaming plugins via the vst3plugins.xml.

Afterall, this is NOT update-compatible with Fabfilter Plugins! I just updated all FF plugs whereupon Cubase didn’t find them anymore. What I probably should have done before updating, is reverting the plugin names to their default ones so the FF-installer can replace the plugin-paths, and not create double references in the XML which happened in my case.
I ended up un- & re-installing FF plugs and renaming them, and now everything is working again. A tedious process all in all, though. Hence it would really be great if Steinberg would implement this in the near future.

+1

+1

+1

A simple AKA (Also Known As) column in the plugin manager, where you can type any txt you want to see instead of the plugins real name.
If empty no changes are made.
Easy to manage and have many plugins in view, when trying to come up with unique names that are not already in use.
Nothing fancy just simple and workable.

1 Like

+1

This will make be a real difference, especially with many plugin manufacturers having their company name take up most or all of the plug-in title space, like FabFilter and Unfiltered Audio among others.

I can’t say that I haven’t thought about how cool that feature would be, so yeah. +1

+100

inexplicable that this hasn’t happened

+1

Like that!

+1

+1

+1

+1 Would be great to rename plugins to the function it serves.

+1
Would be nice to rename some plugins with long names and remove stuff like “_x64” from others

+1

+1