I am not paid to be the beta tester

Greetings –

The OP of this thread is asking for a refund. I don’t want a refund. I do think the company owes the licensees some kind of make-good and an affirmatively corrected version of Cubase Pro 10. What I’d really like is a corrected version of Cubase Pro 9.5, which is what Cubase Pro 10 should have been.

In other words, add what we like of Pro 10 to Pro 9.5 – it isn’t much. Take away all the Pro 10 things that 1) we don’t like, 2) don’t work. Issue an apology and then get busy with the corrections. Admitting a mistake will earn far more loyalty and respect than anything else.

I’m using Pro 9.5 (even with its “known issues.”). Pro 10, for me, has some “good ideas” wrapped up in poor, even sloppy execution. I really don’t know what I paid for. I started with Cubase Pro 8, moved to Pro 9.5 – it was getting better. I was hopeful Pro 10 would be a logical next step with important and noticeable improvements, but, sadly, that is not the case.

Favorite functions (right-click power user menu) were removed, overall functionality was reduced, the look is unattractive – less Pro looking, more hobbyist look. We’re pitched “Modern Look” and then given a GUI that looks like an early version of MS-Word. There’s no side-chain button the Rack in Pro 10 (again, it’s the little things, lots of them). Transport bar, toolbox, right click power-user menus, white menus all over the place, broken hit points, buggy instruments GUIs (you made some of my favorite instruments more difficult, if not impossible to use, you made your own Beat Designer impossible to assign notes to – white menus, channel racks on a real desk are rectangular, not Gucci bag round). Make the Racks look and work more like the best of the Yamaha or other mixing desks. Bring that kind of design into this product.

I could say more, but I won’t. Others in this thread and all around the board have said many of the same things I might have and brought up even more issues (known and unknown).

There’s nothing personal here. but I feel bad for us and I feel bad for the company. No one hits a home run every time at bat. Sometimes you strike out. Right now Pro 10 is out. I’d like to use it, I’m still trying to “give it a chance.” But, I should be loving and raving about it. I’m not. it just isn’t working for me – both functions and looks aren’t doing it for me.

I could use Pro 9.5 forever and be happy with it (even with its known issues).

I’ll pay for corrections, improvements, needed features, I won’t pay for hype.

Signed,

A Disappointed Cubase Fan