Nuendo 8 - Sales offer

Thanks. I probably will. I really enjoy using Cubase and would only be considering Nuendo (or any other product) to gain full surround support. (C10’s support for ambisonic audio is a big step in the right direction! 9.1 bus channels next??) :wink:

Hi Timo,

Since the offer is available now, should you not provide a little more in terms of technical detail re compatibility for those looking to move from Cubase to Nuendo other than “if it doesn’t feel right”! That appears to me as woefully inadequate.

If there is no way to know at this time, then can you please say so, and provide publishable reasons. Some of us have been caught out with promises of functionality on both software and hardware in the past, that to date, never came true. Thanks

Just to be sure: If I buy Cubase 8 Pro second hand from somebody, I can upgrade that to Nuendo 8 and will get Nuendo 10 for free Q2 2019?
Also, how long wil this sale last?

I’ve bought it. Cubase 4 or higher and nuendo3.x or higher。

How long does the sale last? I have been trying to find out and don’t see that info anywhere. Thanks!

Hello mbira,

this sale will last until Nuendo 10 is released in Q2 this year.

Next week we will (again) have more information about the Nuendo 10 release for you.

All the best,
Luis

Weirdly, there’s a different price for Cubase 10 Pro users on this page:

I’ve been doing game audio for 26 years now (so I guess the way I do things is old fashioned), but I can’t see anything which would want me to move from Cubase at the moment. IF they had the connect functionality for FMOD as well as Wwise, then perhaps - some of my clients use one, some use the other… but until then I think I’ll pass. I’m fine as it is naming markers with asset filenames for export etc.

But there’s no Cubase to Nuendo crossgrade on that page.

Hmm… bottom row, third from left…

Thank you. I’m a Cubase Pro 10 user and I don’t want to lose the new features. I understand they are coming in Nuendo 10. I don’t want to go without those features for a few months. Is it possible to buy the upgrade and not install/activate it yet and Cubase will still work until I activate?

No, that’s for crossgrading TO C10Pro (from e.g. Ableton, Logic, …).

Yes, that’s how it works. Once you make the purchase, you’ll be sent the license, just don’t activate it until you’re ready.

OK. Thanks. I just wanted to be sure that the purchase wouldn’t deactivate my Cubase Pro license immediately.

What is the minimum version? Elements, artist, pro?

Thank you. I’m a Cubase Pro 10 user and I don’t want to lose the new features. I understand they are coming in Nuendo 10. I don’t want to go without those features for a few months. Is it possible to buy the upgrade and not install/activate it yet and Cubase will still work until I activate?

Yes, just wait to install it when you want is my understanding. You’ll be entitled to the Nueando 10 update too, so it ought to be possible to wait and then when available just install Nuendo 10 since major updates don’t depend on having a current version already installed.

Read the thread… :unamused:
Pro

Just pretend you are purchasing Nuendo and it will list all prices for all cross grades that are available, yes?

What do you mean by „all prices for all crossgrades“? There is one crossgrade from Cubase top line version 4-10 and one crossgrade price. Really not that complicated…

I repeat my question: is update from older versions of nuendo to N8 also eligible for free update to N10 version ? I`m N5 user.

Hello Latro,

yes, the Grace Period for Nuendo 10 has already started so any Nuendo activation (Nuendo 6 and newer) that happens now until the N10 release is eligible for a free update to Nuendo 10.

All the best,