Steinberg Download Assistant

All topics on VST Sound Instrument Sets, VST Sound Loop Sets and Sequel Content Sets
Hoosierguy

Post by Hoosierguy » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:22 pm

I couldn't find a part of the forum where something related to the download assistant should be posted...this was the closest.

ONE small change to the download assistant that would make it far more useful, would be for the application to show the version installed along with the available updates. It's barely more useful that going to the website without being able to tell you which version you currently have installed.

Please consider it!

Prock
Grand Senior Member

Re: Steinberg Download Assistant

Post by Prock » Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:56 pm

When I run my downloaded version of the SDA (which, BTW I hate) it offers me the option to update it with the latest content.

Regards 8-)
PRock Studio

DAW: Cubase Pro 10.0.40, OS: Win 10 Pro x64, CPU: Intel Core i7 4700K @ 4.0GHz, RAM: 32GB/DDR4/2800MHz, Graphics: 4GB GeForce GTX 960, Mobo: MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon, AI: PreSonus Studio 192 Mobile, Mic Preamp: PreSonus TubePre, Headphone Amp: PreSonus HP4, Studio Monitors: Mackie MR5, 3rd Party VSTs: GSi VB3-II, SampleTank 3, Amplitube 4, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, EZDrummer 2

https://soundcloud.com/prockstudio

nizamettin1975

Post by nizamettin1975 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:56 pm

I'm downloading Iconica Ensembles Trial Version now on Steinberg download Assistant. On the Steinberg Download Assistant, it is reported that the total size of the Iconica Ensembles is 50.24 GB. Steinberg Download Assistant is downloading this file to my computer in Download>Steinberg>Iconica Ensembles. No problem so far. :) But downloading is a long process. While the download process is still running, although the 38 GB of this file appears to have been downloaded in my computer, the Steinberg Download Assistant seems to have downloaded 18 GB of this file. Why is this problem caused?

franekp

Post by franekp » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:16 am

Hello.

I am also having huge problems in trying to download the Iconica Emsemble trial package - it has been going for three days now, but keeps failing every 5 minutes or so, and only a few GB gets downloaded - then, when restarting download, the total amount downloaded is LESS than before!!. Surely there must be an easier way to access this test program? what is the use of a trial, if I cannot even load it??

JSL

Post by JSL » Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:25 am

franekp wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:16 am
Hello.

I am also having huge problems in trying to download the Iconica Emsemble trial package - it has been going for three days now, but keeps failing every 5 minutes or so, and only a few GB gets downloaded - then, when restarting download, the total amount downloaded is LESS than before!!. Surely there must be an easier way to access this test program? what is the use of a trial, if I cannot even load it??
Hello,
I have the same experience. But in my case it helps to not pause download. I tried it on 3 PCs and only on one computer it ends with fails durring download. On other two, I lost lot of downloaded data after pausing download. So it seems that its kind of related with PC config. Win 7 and win 10 was tested with same result. At the end, I download that strings in one whole day session (yes, I have slow connection) and it works.
I would realy apreciate possibility to buy this sound pack physicaly with some memory medium.
WS: HP Z4 G4 (6QP02ES) Intel Core i7-9800x, 32 GB RAM
SW: Win 10, Cubase Pro 10.0.4, SpectraLayers Pro 6, Wavelab Elements 9.5, Grand 3 SE, Padshop Pro, Iconica Sections & Players
HW: CC121, Maschine MKIII, UR44, Motu Micro Lite, DSI Mopho X4, Kurzweil SP 4-8, Arturia Keystep, Eurorack setup, AS Oberkorn MKII, Laney IRT-Studio

profdraper

Post by profdraper » Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:56 am

Hoosierguy wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:22 pm
I couldn't find a part of the forum where something related to the download assistant should be posted...this was the closest.

ONE small change to the download assistant that would make it far more useful, would be for the application to show the version installed along with the available updates. It's barely more useful that going to the website without being able to tell you which version you currently have installed.

Please consider it!
+1
Also see viewtopic.php?f=126&t=169483
PC: Dell T7910 dual Xeon, Win10Pro 1903, 64GB, Samsung SSDs & RAID. Displays: Dell U3419W & BenQ SW2700PT, RTX 2080Ti, Decklink MiniMon 4k. Audio: Thunderbolt 2, RME UFX+ & ADI-8, UAD-2 quad PCIe. MIDI: Presonus FaderPort 16, NI Komplete Kontrol S61, Ableton Push. Apps: Nuendo 10.2, Wavelab Pro 9.5, Pro Tools Ultimate 2019.6, Ableton Live Suite 10.1, DaVinci Resolve Studio 16.

profdraper

Post by profdraper » Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:58 am

Prock wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:56 pm
When I run my downloaded version of the SDA (which, BTW I hate) it offers me the option to update it with the latest content.

Regards 8-)
Not this one here
PC: Dell T7910 dual Xeon, Win10Pro 1903, 64GB, Samsung SSDs & RAID. Displays: Dell U3419W & BenQ SW2700PT, RTX 2080Ti, Decklink MiniMon 4k. Audio: Thunderbolt 2, RME UFX+ & ADI-8, UAD-2 quad PCIe. MIDI: Presonus FaderPort 16, NI Komplete Kontrol S61, Ableton Push. Apps: Nuendo 10.2, Wavelab Pro 9.5, Pro Tools Ultimate 2019.6, Ableton Live Suite 10.1, DaVinci Resolve Studio 16.

Return to “VST Sound Instrument Sets and Content Sets”