sale notifications via email?

I read a post in the CB 10 General forum that a CB user got an email from Steinberg that notified him/her of the CB to Nuendo crossgrade offer. Nada for me? :thinking:

Regards. :sunglasses:

I received no notifications as well regarding this offer.

Without going into the details, some newsletters are targeted at certain user groups in conjunction with product registrations. So it could have been either a spam filter issue or the fact that the newsletter campaign had a different target group.

Hi Ed, thank you for speaking into this.

Understood on target groups, as I have managed such campaigns before. My question would be: If I’ve currently got 17 Steinberg products licensed, including Cubase, wouldn’t it make sense for me to be in the target group? (Especially since the offer was featured in the #1 slot on the Steinberg main page?) I’m a good candidate for using the offer, I would think. There have been many offers that I would have participated in, but I didn’t receive an email and didn’t hear about the offers until their expiration.

I suppose what I’m saying is: As a Steinberg customer, I’d like to hear about all offers. Maybe there could be a signup path for users who want to receive all those messages.

I do not believe this was a spam filter issue, as I check my junk mail folders regularly, and I do receive Steinberg emails every once in awhile (usually just standard newsletters).

Agreed 100%… exactly what I was going to respond (except I only have 5 Steinberg licensed products).

Thanks for replying to my PM. We have checked your newsletter subscription and Dorico newsletter was sent two days before you subscribed to the newsletter on Jan 24.

In general, I received the confirmation that not all newsletters are sent to every subscriber to avoid spamming our customers. There is currently no option to say “bring 'em on” and for the time being, this is supposed to stay that way. Everyone should make sure that all products purchased are registered to get the newsletters for those products and don’t miss out on something.
If we want to attract existing customers to new products, we usually send newsletters to a larger amount of recipients anyway.

Hi Ed -

Thanks for your additional notes.

I’d like to add that I’ve been subscribed to Steinberg newsletters for much longer than January 24; I’ve been using Steinberg products for many years and have been on your list(s) during that time. When I reached out to support in January regarding this issue, they advised I log in and reset my subscription status, which I did in January. But I had been receiving mail for many years prior to that.

Thanks again for the insight you provided. It sounds like we will just plan to receive sporadic communications, even though individually we would like to receive all communications.

The current subscription date is all I can see unfortunately.
It’s always difficult to find the right balance and we already had complaints about too many newsletters being sent. And the system doesn’t really allow individual settings for each customers at this point.

Just a quick note - still not getting notifications on big items such as (a) the new Spectralayers release; (b) the expansions summer sale; (c) the Vibrant e-pianos; (d) the WaveLab offer; etc. These are all items that a Steinberg customer like myself would be very interested in, but if you’re not messaging customers like me, you’re losing sales.

I’ll check with my colleague what is wrong here. It may take a bit as he is on vacation at the moment.

+1

Thanks, Ed - I appreciate the continued followup. Did your colleague return from vacation?

At this time, I am still not receiving notifications; for example, for the current instruments sale.

Same for me.

Regards :sunglasses:

Hello Ed - still not receiving any promotional emails (ex: WaveLab 10, UR-C series).

I also still hope that this could be straightened out.

Steinberg just doesn’t like you guys and wants you to be in the dark. They want you to be uninformed about new products. Also, they would like you to pay full price for everything you purchase through the Steinberg Shop …

:mrgreen:

Hey, this IS “The Lounge” …

I’m getting tired …

:blush:

Sorry! I simply forgot about this one. Could you pm me with the email addresses you used to subscribe to the newsletter?

Hi ultradust,

If you want to immediately hear about all Steinberg offers simply join the dozens of Steinberg/Cubase groups on Facebook! :wink:

Hope this helps?

Kind regards

James Colah

Ed - thanks! PM sent.

James - thanks for the note, and yes, a lot of us do partake in the social Steinberg communities. However, when email promos are going out, I’d love to be included rather than excluded.

Further - I’m hoping this will actually help Steinberg sort out why they’re not sending important communications to likely participants in their events and purchasers of their products. They’re potentially losing significant revenue from people who (a) might not be prolific on social, (b) might not check the Steinberg site very often, and (c) rely primarily on email for updates. Something seems to be amiss, for example, when longtime users of WaveLab such as myself aren’t notified that version 10 is now available.

At this point, I’ve literally not received a single promotional email from Steinberg in months. The only communication I’ve received was a note that the Dorico 3 trial is available.

Ed… same here… Thanks and PM sent.

Regards :sunglasses: