Forgot the dongle - what are my options?

Sunday I had a session as a player in a small recording studio, far from home. When I arrived things were already in progress. The producer was on a creative roll, so to speak, and the engineer was tightly focused on what he was saying– things were kind of tense. I had stems on my laptop that I needed to bounce to a usb drive they gave me. In that situation, at that moment, if I had a auth problem and had to ask for a wifi password it definitely would not have helped the situation. I just quietly plugged in the dongle, and did my stuff, passed the usb stick to the engineer and came out smelling like a Zen garden.

10 years ago, I hated the usb key, and now I have good habits for remembering to bring it along, and I love it. I also have a spare with a 25 hour license on it (I sacrificed a Cubase SX 1 dongle to get a zdt license).

SB will come out with a soft license for the big programs, just as they have for Dorico and Halion, and everybody will be able to screw things up exactly as they wish, with dongle, or without. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: