Ghost Files Bug

No idea about why a new folder would be created by just opening an existing project but, I do suspect that it does have something to do with creating projects with a default Cubase template.

I would create a new user template from an existing Cubase template to ensure future projects are not being directed to the same “Untitled Folder” and the possibility of one humongous project pool that is shared by many projects.

If you think the applies, here is what I suggest do to create your own template…

• Make sure that you have the “Prompt for Project Location” option chosen in the project assistant section of the Steinberg Hub.
  • Choose a Cubase template, hit “Create”, browse to where you want to save your project folder and then choose “New Folder” and name that folder appropriately (most likely, the name of the template) and hit “OK”.
  • Immediately after the project opens I would save the project with the same name previously used as the folder.
  • Then I would use the “Backup Project” function and browse to where you want to save your project folder and then choose “New Folder” and name that folder appropriately (most likely, the name of the template) and hit “OK”.
  • Immediately after that project opens I would save the project with the same name previously used as the folder.
  • Then I would make all the changes I would want to have in my own new template in this project. This includes going to the audio pool and deleting all audio from it (delete the audio, not just remove it from the pool).
  • Save the project when you complete you changes.
  • Now use the “Save as template” function and save your new user template. Close all projects.

I would use this template when creating new projects. It will be available in the “More” section of the project assistant. Make sure that you always have the “Prompt for Project Location” option clicked and create a new folder for each new project.

So try creating a new project (in it’s own new folder) using your new template and see if you are still getting the untitled folders.

Let us know if this fixes your issue. Good luck.

Regards :sunglasses: