No video with logitech c920 in vst connect pro

thanks C - appreciated

quick update - I pulled down an old version of a logitech web camera utility - this had a 64 bit driver from 2012 in it. Installed that and it seems to work.

I’d suggest there is still a problem with the way VST connect works with the c920 though - especially as logitech don’t currently make drivers available and the official one bundled with windows 10 64bit doesn’t work.

Seem to remember some issues previously with this camera that were fixed ?

Thanks for the update.
There are myrads of formats for video devices on Windows, long story. Anyway, I got it to work after it initially failed on me as well, so it should work in the next update.

that’s great - thanks again

quick bump - any news on when the next update will be released ? will it be part of the next cubase update ?

… we have one final bug to fix, then we’ll release the version. Please stay tuned.
Thanx, Michael.

thanks for the update Michael

bumping this - any clue to the release date ?

Unfortunately, the update is held back much longer than we would prefer. There is one mor product in the queue before the new version is finally running thru QA and released, really sorry for that.

no problems - thanks anyway

can I ask if there are any new features in the updated release ?

There is a screen feature (send Studio desktop screen) with the PRO version, and a network monitor. Most improvements are internal, transmission quality, file transmission speed and HD files transfer and insertion much improved etc.

looking forward to it :slight_smile:

monthly bump to get and ETA

just heard first week in September, hope that is true.

fingers crossed

Hello. I am experiencing the exact same problem with the same videocam after purchasing a new Windows 10 PC. The C920 worked fine with my Windows 7 PC but this fresh install on a new Windows 10 unit is not working.

Michael, Adam at US tech support is helping me. Perhaps you can fill him in? I know you have mentioned here that the next update should fix it, and that the update has been delayed. I assume you mean an update to VST Connect itself, not Cubase.

Dr, do you have the link to that old version of a logitech web camera utility from 2012 ? If so, can you please share it?

PM sent

Hi. I just installed Cubase Pro 10.5 and it did not correct this issue. But then I looked at the downloads section and I saw that there is a pre-release download. VST Connect Pro 4.0.30 · Pre-release. I installed it, and now my Logitech C920 is working!

thanks for the pointer

Yes that’s one of the fixes - there are some release notes in there that list it as a fix

I believe the devs are working on further improvements too :slight_smile:

we definately are, and hope to release soon.