Cubase 10.0.20 maintenance update

Working fine here as well.

Just to reiterate/clarify…
Cubase installs an eLicense Control Center when you apply the maintenance update. I was told that it would always install the latest version available and not install an older version over a newer version that is already on the computer. Well for me, I had the latest version of eLCC version 6.11.6.1249 installed prior to installing the CB 10.0.20 maintenance update. During that, it installed an older version 6.11.6.1248 over my newer version. I complained about this before. IMO it is lame! :unamused:

:astonished: what a great update! thank you Steinberg!! :sunglasses:

Alternative buy another flat screen. I´m fine with 200 % and HDI in Cubase. LG 4k curved. No problems here.

Great update, all good so far!

Is there any information about the new Hitpoint detection? I looked at the online manual but couldn’t see anything about the new detection there.
I know Greg is doing a Google Hangout tomorrow night, and I guess he will explain the nuances during the “show”, but I wanted to have a little experiment by myself!

Thanks,

Jim B

good update so far!!

Let’s hope is a good new era of “working updates” and see more and more issues to be fixed in the future.

I beg your pardon, your right its v6.11.6.1248 not 1249, probably because its late… Is it really a problem?

Well that’s constructive. How about buying another DAW where HiDPI scaling really works which is exactly what I have done. Imagine an official statement like “All those who require HiDPI scaling at 125%, 150% and 175% go and buy another Monitor” :confused:

No… it’s not a problem per se. But, it should be a simple programming matter to ensure it always installs the latest one available on the website. These “little” things matter to me.

Regards :sunglasses:

Today i installed Cubase 10.0.20 maintenance update.
After opening it, immediately all kinds of E-licenser errors and eventually i had to shut down Cubase cause the errors made Cubase hang.
De-installed E-licenser software (with the de-installer that comes with it).
Downloaded newest E-licenser version from Steinberg site and installed that.
I then executed the maintenance option in E-licenser software.
Just for the sake, i logged my macbook out and then in.
I openend Cubase 10.0.20 again.
This time: no more E-licenser errors and Cubase started up succesfully.

Only thing I’ve noticed since installing this on my system is that Cubase now always asks whether I want to save or not on exit, even after saving the project just before. That’s a bit annoying, but rattles confidence as to why it’s happening.

I tried again to adapt to this new interface. Nothing to do. What sadness … We had a nice interface with 9.5., Not perfect, a little rough (big lines began, after the names of bold and big faders), but correct. Now it’s the ugliest interface in the market. Such a waste ! When we think that Dorico’s interface is so professional … Goodbye Steinberg. You had a chance to match Pro Tools first. Chance spoiled by the designers.

I was really hoping to have our toolbox back over 2 lines. Will this ever happen? Or is this a permanent change that NO ONE asked for?

Thanks for the heads up! Non-FB person here.
Cheers

Plus 1

That has been intermittently happening to me for years now. Cubase sometimes thinks changes have occurred since saving & other times knows no changes have occurred. No pattern about when it does this that I can tell.

Likewise. +1

I do not trust the Zuck (who’s SF house is on my street a block uphill - the important distinction “uphill” means a lot in these parts).

Everyone will have their our point of view. Me? I like it and have customised my screens to help my workflow. (I use 3 monitors) I am not sure that I would characterise it as ugly.

The update has worked perfectly for me with many welcome changes and repairs.

+1 what raino said. Same for me. Weird.

Regards. :sunglasses:

So, still no fix for the sample rate conversion artifacts that Steinberg claims was fixed in 10.0.0?