Cubase Elements Trial 'representative' of Pro

Interested in Cubase Pro 10, Cubase Artist 10 or Cubase Elements 10? Having questions regarding the update or upgrade to the latest version? Please post here!
DrEntropy

Cubase Elements Trial 'representative' of Pro

Post by DrEntropy » Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:51 pm

I am interested in Cubase 10 Pro, but I notice it is not possible to demo the thing without buying a dongle. Is the demo of Cubase Elements (which is dongle-free) going to give me enough of a feel of Cubase to determine if Pro is right for me ?

For context, my current "go to" DAW is Ableton and I do a lot of midi editing, but am also interested in improving my audio recording workflow (which is lacking in Ableton, for example comping). I am trying to decide between Cubase Pro and Studio One 4. So far I have been demoing Studio One (which seems like it could be the right fit) but would like to give the seemingly well regarded Cubase a spin as well. I have heard that midi editing is much improved in Cubase, but am not sure i am going to see this with Elements?

Cheers!

Prock
Grand Senior Member

Re: Cubase Elements Trial 'representative' of Pro

Post by Prock » Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:48 pm

Recommend that you try Elements. I think you should get a good idea of the differences.

If you think Elements is an improvement to what you are familiar with, then look at the "Compare the Versions of Cubase" section in the attached link to see if the extras included with the "better" CB versions are what you need.

https://new.steinberg.net/cubase/compare-editions/

Regards. 8-)
PRock Studio

DAW: Cubase Pro 10.5, OS: Win 10 Pro x64, CPU: Intel Core i7 4700K @ 4.0GHz, RAM: 32GB/DDR4/2800MHz, Graphics: 4GB GeForce GTX 960, Mobo: MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon, AI: PreSonus Studio 192 Mobile, Mic Preamp: PreSonus TubePre, Headphone Amp: PreSonus HP4, Studio Monitors: Mackie MR5, 3rd Party VSTs: GSi VB3-II, SampleTank 3, Amplitube 4, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, EZDrummer 2

https://soundcloud.com/prockstudio

MrSoundman

Post by MrSoundman » Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:25 pm

DrEntropy wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:51 pm
I do a lot of midi editing
IMHO nothing comes close to Cubase for MIDI. Try Elements, check out the key, drum and score editors, the chord pads, read up on the Logical Editor in Artist and Pro and go for that if you think you will use it; Artist and Pro also have the List Editor and MIDI plugins, which are great. There's an awful lot you do already with Elements, and if you later decide to upgrade, it will only cost the difference in price + the USB eLicenser, which is a once-off cost.
Windows 10 • Cubase 10.5.0 • WaveLab 10.0.0 • SpectraLayers 6.0.20 • HALion 6.3.1 • Groove Agent 5.0.20 • Midex

DrEntropy

Post by DrEntropy » Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:44 pm

Thanks for the advice, I will start with Elements trial and go from there!

svennilenni
Grand Senior Member

Post by svennilenni » Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:48 am

If you are interested in Cubase Pro, go and get a USB licenser and test Pro. Cubase Elements is missing a lot of features, that Pro has.

DrEntropy

Post by DrEntropy » Sun May 12, 2019 8:32 am

Just a quick follow up, I followed svennilenni's advice and the demo had me convinced ... and then I got very lucky with the 50% off sale! Patience paid off lol.

MrSoundman

Post by MrSoundman » Sun May 12, 2019 1:13 pm

Happy days, and welcome to the forum!
Windows 10 • Cubase 10.5.0 • WaveLab 10.0.0 • SpectraLayers 6.0.20 • HALion 6.3.1 • Groove Agent 5.0.20 • Midex

Return to “Presales”