NUENDO 10 - The Landmark Release - available now!

Post general topics related to Nuendo 8 here.
TimoWildenhain

NUENDO 10 - The Landmark Release - available now!

Post by TimoWildenhain » Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:07 pm

Dear members of the Nuendo family,

Today I’m more than excited to announce the availability of NUENDO 10, our landmark release! After more than 1.5 years of development, we’ve been releasing Nuendo 10.0 just today. Nuendo 10 brings many long-awaited features to the Nuendo platform. For this release, we also fixed more than 50 issues compared to Cubase 10, which shares the same development branch and has been released a couple of months ago.

Overview on new features in Nuendo 10.0:
• Field Recorder Audio Import
• ADM Import
• Video Cut Detection
• Doppler effect
• Voice Designer sound design tool
• DearReality – in VR authoring
• AmbiDecoder improvements
• Enhanced offline processing
• Audio alignment panel
• Distroyer effect
• New Channel Strip
• Latency monitoring
• Drag&Drop to MediaRack
• 32bit integer and 64bit floating point engine support
• VariAudio 3
• MixConsole Snapshots
• Improved sidechaining
• Groove Agent SE 5
• Redesigned plug-ins, panels, windows and dialogues for better usability
• Improvements to adding tracks, multiple tracks, routing setup
• Improved performance on systems with 14+ cores
• Better Hitpoint detection algorithm
• Better resampling quality
• 5GB of sounds and loops
• ProSoundEffects - Sound FX library

More new features coming in free updates 10.1 and 10.2:
• Cuesheet export (Nuendo 10.1 – June 2019)
• ARA support (Nuendo 10.1 – June 2019)
• Video Rendering (Nuendo 10.2 – July 2019)

For Nuendo 10, we also reworked the entire Nuendo website, introducing theme worlds, more than 20 feature videos and 3 very interesting interviews in the areas of post-production (Keith Alexander interview), game audio (Paul Lipson of Formosa about Nuendo on Halo Wars, Uncharted etc.) and Virtual Reality (BigOrange on VR production using Nuendo) – HAVE A LOOK! In future, the Nuendo website will provide news about Nuendo, studio installations, updates, sales offers and more. It will be the central hub for information regarding the Nuendo platform and will also provide the possibility to directly reach out to the ProAudio team at Steinberg for non-support related questions.

See the new website with all the information on Nuendo 10: www.steinberg.net/nuendo
(please delete Browser Cache or renew bookmark if necessary)

Learn more about the Nuendo 10 NEW PRICING scheme in the Steinberg online shop: Nuendo 10 pricing

Grace Period information: Previous Nuendo versions activated from March 13 2019 are eligibly for a cost-free Grace Period update
to Nuendo 10. More information on how to obtain the Grace Period update can be found here: GP for Nuendo 10

We’ve put many efforts into the launch of NUENDO 10 – The Landmark Release and we hope you enjoy this new update very much.

Thank you,
Timo

P.S. You plan to equip a new studio with Nuendo 10 or expand on a current installation? Let us know at proaudio ( at ) steinberg.de
Timo Wildenhain - Head of Business Unit
Professional Audio Unit
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany
Checkout Steinberg on YouTube, Twitter, Facebook and MySpace!

Robin Walsh

Re: NUENDO 10 - The Landmark Release - available now!

Post by Robin Walsh » Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:09 pm

Great stuff!!!!!!!!
Nuendo 10.02 - Windows 10 - i9 9900K - nVidia GeForce 1060 - RME Raydat - Amphion

uarte

Post by uarte » Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:47 pm

Yay!!!

WZK

Post by WZK » Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:36 pm

Congrats! Can't wait to try!

MattiasNYC
Grand Senior Member

Post by MattiasNYC » Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:47 pm

To use a technical term: It looks amazeballs!
Nuendo 7.1.4 / Lynx TWO-B / Windows 10 Pro 64-bit / Ryzen 1700 3.7GHz (oc) / 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4@3200MHz / Nvidia GTX 660 / ASUS x370-A mobo/ 500GB WD Blue system drive / Crucial BX100 250GB SSD media / spinners for library/backup ::::: iZotope RX / Phoenixverb Surround / DaVinci Resolve / Faderport / Applied Acoustics UltraAnalog / my pet pony Frank

audiomonkeys

Post by audiomonkeys » Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:59 pm

Thanks SB, your hard work is much appreciated!
Nuendo 10.2.10 , Video Decoder for Avid DNxHD(R) Spectralayers Pro 6 Pro Tools Ultimate 2019.10
Mac Pro 5.1 3.33 Ghz - 12 core, 32 Bg RAM. OS10.12.6 Smart AV Tango +12 fader Ext, Dolby Atmos Suite, Blackmagic Intensity Pro - 5 litres of good Japanese Sake (and more coming) and 100% no CRACK plugins

ChrisPolus

Post by ChrisPolus » Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:55 pm

It seems it's not only a landmark release in Nuendo land but also at Steinberg itself. Being more open, even having a customer facing email address where you can send in all your ideas or woes really shows the dedication to listen to your customers. I keep reading the "Nuendo 10 Platform" and I think with everything that's going on, Game Audio, VR, Post, and the website with news, interviews, etc. it's really quite a technical and PR firework you're firing here. It looks very nice, thank you Timo.
Handmade Win10 x64 Machine, Intel 6 Core CPU, ASUS Prime Board, 16GB RAM, 1080 GTX
MacBook Pro 15" Late 2016 with Touchbar, latest macOS, 16GB RAM
Latest Nuendo version, Logic Pro X, Reaper, UAD Apollo Duo + Twin MK2 via Thunderbolt

DaniDonadi

Post by DaniDonadi » Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:21 pm

I like the fact that they re-named it "media production system", it doesn't come across as a audio-post only product.
I use Nuendo for music and themed park integration, it's the very best DAW ......... and I have them all.

Thank you SB!!!!
Dani Donadi
Composer/Producer
Donadi Media DBA Donadi Music Productions LLC
Music & Sounds for Film/TV/Video Games & Themed Attractions
WWW.DONADI.COM
Latest: Nuendo 10 - Cubase Pro 10.5 - WaveLab Pro 10 - Dorico 3 | MAC OS

Getalife2

Post by Getalife2 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:30 pm

Thanks, Timo.

Normally at release time there is a Revision History page available showing improvements and fixes outside of New Features. Is there a place online I can find that revision history document. I would like to see what existing N8 feature problems have been corrected in N10.

I'm excited about the new release and new features but I suspect I'm not the only user wanting to know in detail which known issues of N8 have been corrected in N10.

Thanks again!
N10.0.20 - i7 5960X/32 GB at 4.3GHz with x7 SSDs - Win 7/64 - 2x RME MADI - 3X UAD-2 Quad - VEP

TimoWildenhain

Post by TimoWildenhain » Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:13 pm

Getalife2 wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:30 pm
Thanks, Timo.

Normally at release time there is a Revision History page available showing improvements and fixes outside of New Features. Is there a place online I can find that revision history document. I would like to see what existing N8 feature problems have been corrected in N10.

I'm excited about the new release and new features but I suspect I'm not the only user wanting to know in detail which known issues of N8 have been corrected in N10.

Thanks again!
Hello,

meanwhile we've 10.1 released and there's a Version History document on the DL page.

Thanks,
Timo
Timo Wildenhain - Head of Business Unit
Professional Audio Unit
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany
Checkout Steinberg on YouTube, Twitter, Facebook and MySpace!

Return to “General”