Setting Pause length between clips in an audio montage

I am evaluating Wave Elements 9.5 after using DSP Quattro for many years. Here is my usual workflow. I take a one hour long audio file and edit portions, usually to cut audio, and then normalize portions of the file. When that is done I export an aiff file to another application and split the file into about 20 three minute long files. Wave Elements 9.5 can probably split the file but for now it’s easier to use Fusion.

I then create an audio montage and drag the 20 files to the montage, resulting in a montage with 20 clips. My file naming convention results in the last character(s) of the file name being an integer that starts with 1 and goes through 20 in order. My goal is to burn a CD with the 20 files in order and with a pause between audio montage clips set to 0.

I have tried to set the pause length between clips to 0 in the CD Tools menu. Some of the clips in the CD window allow me to select a length of 0 and some only allow a value of 1. In addition, when I try to set the pause length the order of the clips changes in a way that I cannot understand. When I start with 1, 2, 3 … The clips are rearranged to, for example, 9, 8, 7…

I have three questions. 1) Is there a way to set a global preference so that all pause lengths are set to 0 rather than having to set each pause length to 0 manually? 2) Is there a way to set all the pause lengths to 0. I cannot set some pauses to 0. 3) Why is the order of the clips changed when I try to set pause lengths and what can I do to prevent this?

Thanks for any help.

Is there a way to set a global preference so that all pause lengths are set to 0 rather than having to set each pause length to 0 manually?

No. Only in WaveLab Pro.

1. Is there a way to set all the pause lengths to 0. I cannot set some pauses to 0.

No. Only in WaveLab Pro.

1. Why is the order of the clips changed when I try to set pause lengths and what can I do to prevent this?

I don’t see why this would happen. Are you speaking about this dialog?
2019-04-30_08-16-11.png

Having used DSP Quattro, and knowing the limitations of WaveLab Elements, I think you really need or should at least evaluate WaveLab Pro. WaveLab Elements is really not a fair comparison.

You won’t regret it :slight_smile: