N10 - Frequent eLicensor Control errors

As mentioned in the n8 thread.
Try phydicslltcreplscing elicenser or USB hibs/extenders.
I had a bunch of errors and after replacing it no more issues.

phydicslltcreplscing

I beg your pardon?

Still experiencing random eLicensor errors on launch.

error-again2.jpg

…same problem here, started with N10. elicencer updated, cleaned, etc.

benoit

Sorry I didn’t read through my post written on iPhone.
Try physically replacing elicenser or USB hubs/extenders.
I had a bunch of errors and after replacing it no more issues.

I’ve been getting these errors for a few weeks now with N8, and various VSTi’s with E-Licenser protection.

It was so bad that Nuendo was almost unusable, obviously I did all the updating/maintenance.

MySteinberg support suggested getting new E-licenser dongles, as mine were pretty old, pre-2005.

This really helped a lot, I thought it was solved until the errors started coming back about 2 weeks later. Not as bad and it can be fixed by running E-Lic maintenance. Occasionally I have to reinstall the E-Lic app.

I raised another support ticket, and was told

Close all programs.

• Open this folder: /Library/Application Support/Syncrosoft Soft-eLicenser/
  • Delete this file “SeLicenser.sel”.

Again, this helped, and it got rid of the Soft E-Licenser which had no licenses on it, and sometimes seemed to start the errors going, but the bottom line is I’m still getting occasional errors.

Hopefully if this is happening to more people than just me Steinberg will be able to find a permanent fix.

Asking loyal, paying customers to re-purchase a dongle to fix a copy-protection bug is not only ridiculous… it’s just bad business. Hope the engineering team is on a proper fix.

I raised another support ticket, and was told

Close all programs.

• Open this folder: /Library/Application Support/Syncrosoft Soft-eLicenser/
  • Delete this file “SeLicenser.sel”.

Thanks for this. I checked and the file is not present on my machine. (Does not sound like it was a true fix for you anyway.)

Hopefully, a real fix is in the works. (??)

I started Nuendo 8 for the first time in months and the first thing I got was an eLicenser error. I did all the maintenance tasks with a freshly downloaded version and got errors again. Tried a different computer and a different dongle/license and got errors again.
There IS something funky here.

Okay, now I cannot start Nuendo at all due to constant errors, WL Pro 9.5 still works.
Help anyone, I got an ADR session coming up.

It started now, after several quiks.

Same here. Normally first start of Nuendo of the day makes a eLicenser crash. After it works but you can get a crash randomly.
I switched to a new USB key license, but same issue.

Worst errors for some time this morning, I had to uninstall the E-Lic app, re-install with dongles out, dongles in, do maintenance and finally got to use Nuendo.

This is a PITA, something has happened to the E-Licenser system which needs fixing.

…got stuck in the middle of a session because of this today. my dongle is a few months old.

BUMP … guys this is a NIGHTMARE and it has nothing to do with dongles and OSX (Sierra or High Sierra) it must be in the code of N10!

The troubling issue extends back to N8 and not just N10.

Oliver, if you get this again, I find uninstalling then re-installing the latest E-Lic app (best to take the dongle OUT when doing this) then run maintenance usually fixes it. Temporarily.

N7 now also causes the error. I’ve reinstalled e-Licenser and dongle is new.

same problem here, I perform the maintenance on elicence and good for a few day’s and them boom, one morning same error message as mentioned above.

My problem goes away by doing a shut down and then restart

T

Any word from Steinberg on this? Quite a few of us continue to get these errors, it would be nice to hear ‘We’re working on it…’

It happened to me again yesterday. I think I’ll raise another support ticket.

[Done]