Dongle + USB Server

Interested in Cubase Pro 10, Cubase Artist 10 or Cubase Elements 10? Having questions regarding the update or upgrade to the latest version? Please post here!
skijumptoes

Dongle + USB Server

Post by skijumptoes » Wed May 08, 2019 10:54 am

Thanks to the great savings on Pro for crossgrades i'm moving from Logic to Cubase, but i use a laptop and desktop machines at different locations, with the copy protection i'm a little concerned with having to transport the dongle around with me (I.e. if it breaks or if i leave it at one location by mistake).

However, i've seen that you can setup USB servers which allows you to remotely 'connect' to E Licensers etc. so you haven't got to transport it around with you. Anyone have experience/success with VirtualHere/Flexihub type applications? Not just over local connection but shared across internet?

Also - anyone routinely travel with their USB stick and had any issues with moving it around so much?

Martin.Jirsak
Forum Elder

Re: Dongle + USB Server

Post by Martin.Jirsak » Wed May 08, 2019 1:31 pm

Hi,

In case the USB-eLiceser becomes broken, I strongly recommend to Register your Cubase. Then you would buy just the new USB-eLicenser and you would get a Replacement Activation Code.

If you have the latest short USB-eLicenser, it shouldn't be so problematic. An olde USB-eLicenser tent to break, so I always fixed them via a tape (already before I started to use them). Since then I didn't‘t have any single problem.
Martin Jirsak
How to show notes of the chord/scale only
Cubase Training

Cubase Pro (last officially supported version all the time)
macOS (last update)

skijumptoes

Post by skijumptoes » Wed May 08, 2019 3:13 pm

Key arrives tomorrow, hopefully it is the smaller one then. Thanks for the info in regards to registering, very much appreciated.

skijumptoes

Post by skijumptoes » Thu May 09, 2019 5:33 pm

Ok, so i purchased a USB key and i got one with the boxed version of the software too, so it looks like i have a spare. For zero downtime do i just keep hold of that second key incase i ever need it now?

Many thanks.

Martin.Jirsak
Forum Elder

Post by Martin.Jirsak » Fri May 10, 2019 7:46 am

Hi,

You can keep the 2nd one. But at the other hand, I don't expect you would need it in following 5 years, if you are not really a messy guy. ;-)
Martin Jirsak
How to show notes of the chord/scale only
Cubase Training

Cubase Pro (last officially supported version all the time)
macOS (last update)

Return to “Presales”